Emerald first steps

Emerald walked into her bedroom slowly. You had been sleeping peacefully, and she was grateful to have you off her arm, even though she loved you more than life itself.

Your peaceful form breathed in and out. Your crib was rather large, and you only took up a corner of it. Emerald smiled down at you. Then, she ran her fingers across your soft, fleshy cheek.

"You're too precious, (Y/N)." She whispered. "I love you, baby."

She leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to your cheek. You smiled at the feeling. Emerald chuckled as she slowly walked back to the door.

Your eyes opened. Your mother wasn't beside you anymore, and it scared you to be alone. You cried, through she was already gone. You screamed her name, though she could not hear you. Mercury did, however, and he stepped into the room to see what was bothering. You made an up motion with your hands.

"Ah, alright." He groaned. "Only for a little while."

His strong yet calloused hands slipped under your arms, and he pulled you out of the crib. You sobbed into his chest as he rubbed your back.

"Sh sh sh..." He cooed. "Emerald!! Get in here now!!"

You cried harder at his loud voice.

"No no nonononononono" he laughed as he kissed your cheek. "Don't cry."

"Don't kiss my baby." Emerald said from behind him.

"Em! Thank god!" He smiled.

He put you in her arms as she glared.

"What?" He questioned.

"You kissed my child!" She hissed.

"So?"

"So don't touch her!"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't need her loving you more than me!"

"Oh, so this is a jealosy problem?!"

As they fussed, you slipped out of Emeralds arms and waddled away from them. You fell. Neo covered her mouth, and you spotted her from behind Mercury. She waited at the door for you.

"No, you know what! If you love her so much, why dontcha marry her!?" Emerald screamed.

"Maybe I will!" Mercury screamed back.

"You even think about it and I'll put a major dent in your pants AND ego!" Emerald replied.

You pulled yourself up by using Mercury's pants leg and waddled over to Neo who had her arms extended.

"Hugs!" You cheered as you hugged her.

She hugged you back, picked you up, and ran away with you in her arms.

"(Y/N) come here!" Emerald yelled, not noticing you had left.

There was silence.

"(Y/N)?" Emerald squeaked.

Mercury looked around his legs for you. You were nowhere. Neo ran oast the door with you, an evil smirk on her face as you laughed.

"I've got her, instead!" Neo thought. "Nice try, ladies!"

"Give me my kid back!" Emerald yelled, running after her.

"H-Hey give me my future wife back!" Mercury followed Emerald.

"MERCURYYYYYYY!!" Emerald screamed before flipping him and punching him in the stomach.

"I WARNED YOU!"