Winter Schnee

Finds you:

Winter read over drafts of work as she sipped her coffee. Normally, she wouldn't drink much of it, she was more of a tea person, but she had been staying up many nights to get work done. Her job was more than fighting. She had a lot of paperwork and meetings to attend. Fighting was an extra that came with her title.

As she continued to read over the paper, a knock was heard on her apartment door. (Pretend that she lives alone and if she does ignore this) She stood up and walked to her door, a sigh escaping her lips. No one came into her view from the opened door, and she sighed again.

"Probably a teenager trying to be funny." She thought.

She sat down, but her stomach turned. Anxiety filled her, and she stood up again. She grabbed her sword and walked slowly to the door again. Her gloved fingers brushed the doorknob. Looking back at her 'seat of safety' that she left, she decided it was a better time to check than none.

The door flew open. Winter looked around, and once again, she saw no one. In her fearful daze, she didn't notice the black shadow in her living room.

Winter began to shut the door again, but the sound of paper falling to the ground startled her. She grabbed her sword and whipped it at the direction of the noise. Fixing her posture, she cleared her throat and stepped on the paper before sliding it in her house.

"A piece of paper?" She asked herself. "I was worked up for this?!"

She read the note. Beautiful handwriting adorned the expensive paper. Though the note was only 2 words, it was written neatly and large across the paper.

'Thank you'

"Thank you?" She mumbled. "For what?"

Her thoughts were interrupted by a shrill cry. Her shoulders jumped upwards, and a look of terror and confusion crossed her face. Slowly, she turned her head to look at the source of the noise.

A baby girl sat in a car seat. She walked over to you and unbuckled the belt keeping you in place. You wiggled in her hands, and she smiled slightly. Your shirt was inside out, and you had no pants on. Your tiny legs were shivering, and goosebumps dotted your body. She held you close to her breast as she picked up her scroll and called Ironwood. He answered, his deep voice ringing loudly through the speaker.

"Yes, Schnee?" He asked.

Winter bit her lip. "Sir, I-I found a child."

His voice caught in his throat. "A child?"

She nodded, though he could not see her. "Yes sir, a child."

He regained his posture from the other side of the phone. "Well, what do you plan to do with it?"

"I'm keeping it, sir."

He nodded. "Very well."

She hung up the phone. He allowed her to keep you! Her happiness was overflowing, and she cheered loudly. Jumping up into the air and fist pumping, she squealed.