Salem first steps

Salem was in a meeting with Cinder, Tyrian, and all the other baddies as you sat on the floor by her feet. She ran her fingers through your hair silently as she listened to their arguing. You simply enjoyed the feeling of your mothers affection. An evil smirk plastered itself on her face as she came up with another plan to end Ozpin's life. But that plan would take a while. It would take at least 18 years. Why, you ask? Because you were going to do it. You would pose as one of Ozpin's students and ask for a conference with him. Then, you would kill him. It would be the end of her worries. It would be the end of her nightmares about him coming and taking you. She would finally have peace that her daughter was safe. She would finally have the delicious chaos that she craved. And you, well, you'd rule Remnant by her side. Her own daughter ending the world. She was proud to even think that you could. She pulled you up onto her lap and kissed your head. You hugged her neck.

"Mommy." You whined.

She brushed strands of hair from your face as she looked you dead in the eye.

"What's wrong, my little nightmare?" she asked.

You simply rubbed your eyes, signaling that you were sleepy. She nodded. Since she was in a good mood after developing another plan, she would put you to bed herself. She forgot that mortals needed rest to survive. She stood up, your head resting on her chest and her arms wrapped around your body. Everyone got silent. She walked to your room silently and sat in a chair in the corner of the room by a balcony. She rocked you as you slept. Her eyes wandered over to the Grimm that was being created. One day, she would let you rule over her castle and the Grimm. She was proud of you already. As you slept, she watched the Grimm crawl on the ground.

You woke up to the sound of heavy breathing. As you looked around, you realized that you were in your crib and your mother was nowhere around. You cried silently. How could she leave your side? Your gate fell open as a Grimm pup bumped into it. You slid off of the mattress. Your tiny baby feet hit the ground as you stood up. The Grimm pup watched you carefully. You thought f a word that described its appearance.

"Akuma!" you giggled and clapped.

You hugged the pup around the neck, and it let you. You fell on your stomach. Slowly, you stood up and walked to the door. Akuma followed. Your fingers touched the bottom of the door handle. you got a good grasp on it and, with both hands, opened the door. It swung open, and you ran into the main hall. Doors lined either side of the wall, and you only got more curious. What was in those rooms? Why were they here? Why did they make noises when you got close to them?

Your head was fuzzed with questions, and many left unanswered, as you searched for your mother. You felt someone lift you off of the ground. A crazed laugh filled your ears. It was Tyrian; the very man that you feared more than your nightmares. He set you on his shoulders as he pounced around. You were too scared to cry or scream. Akuma, the Grimm pup, chomped on his tail that swayed happily. Tyrian screamed. You slid off of his back the moment he bent down.

"You B*ITCH!" he screamed at it.

Instead of Akuma whimpering, he bit Tyrian's nose. you and Akuma ran down the halls. Your tiny baby legs could only go so fast. You ran on your tiptoes as you brushed past a black plant. Akuma and you whimpered at the sound of Tyrian's boots behind you. You ran face first into a black dress. Your mother's cold hand reached down to you. You clung onto her as Akuma turned around to face Tyrian and growled. Salem stopped Tyrian with a single motion of her hand. He realized his place and walked away, a look of displeasure on his face. She snuggled her nose int your cheek, earning a giggle from you. Then, she kissed your nose.

"It's okay, my nightmare." she cooed. "He won't hurt you again."

Akuma lapped at your toes happily. At least you were safe.