Junior first birthday

Junior slapped his shoes on the ground as he walked in the door. You sat up curiously from your spot on the couch, but you didn't move.

"Thank you, girls." He mumbled, making his way into the kitchen. "Sorry I asked you to babysit last minute."

"You're welcome!!" Miltia gushed. Melanie sat beside you and played with your dress as you picked fuzz from the hems.

 Melanie sat beside you and played with your dress as you picked fuzz from the hems

"You can leave now." Junior frowned at her and put his freshly made cup of tea down. "I can handle it from here."

The girls nodded and walked out, leaving you alone on the couch. Junior sighed loudly before bending down and opening his arms. You slid off the couch silently and ran into his arms.

His embrace was warm and tight, making you feel loved and cherished as he lifted you from the ground and continued to squeeze you. Your arms couldn't wrap all the way around him, but you laid your head on his chest to make up for it.

He sat you down quickly, and you teetered over to where he had started walking. He opened the fridge and pulled a big box out of it. Then, he sat it down gently on the tiny island in the penthouse livingroom.

You stared in awe at the cake that was slowly revealed, and Junior picked up a knife to cut you a piece.

You licked at the stained icing before taking a huge bite, turning the sides of your mouth black and dark green

You licked at the stained icing before taking a huge bite, turning the sides of your mouth black and dark green. Junior chuckled and grabbed a wet rag.

"Sorry that this isn't a big birthday." He apologized quietly. "But I tried."

You whined lightly at the rough cloth against your skin but continued eating. He laughed again, louder this time, and slapped the rag on your face before throwing it in the sink.

"I love you, shorty." He said, laying his hand on your head.

"I wove you too, daddy." You cooed back.