Kali and Ghira first birthday

“Ghira!” Kali yelled.

Ghira sat straight up and focused on her as she slung the doors open.

“Yes, my love?” he asked, fear evident in his voice. 

He was a big and strong man of course, but his wife always had the power, even if she was shorter and smaller. Her strength alone was enough to keep him terrified of her when she’s angry.

“The party was supposed to be today!” she exhaled sharply. “And there’s not even a CAKE set out! WHERE ARE THE PARTY PLANNERS?!”

“Kali, darling, maybe they’re late!”

“ON OUR DAUGHTERS FIRST BIRTHDAY?!” 

Ghira could have sworn that flames shot out from her ears. He sat his large hands on her shoulders and turned her towards him. Sweat beaded her face, and Ghira slowly tried to wipe it off. She pushed him away.

“Ghira, you don’t understand!” Kali whined. “This is (Y/N)’s first birthday! Her first one! And everything is falling apart!”

“There’s still time, I’m sure.” Ghira tried.

Kali suddenly stopped, and her eyes turned hard and dark.

“Call the servants and get them to get the prettiest cake. NOW.”

Ghira stomped off, upset that he was the one having to run around. Kali, however, lifted you from your cozy, queen sized bed. You whined and fussed, but she gently rocked you from side to side as she took you into the walk in closet.

“What do you want to wear?” she asked. “Mommy will do anything for you!”

You, tired and crying, pointed to something hanging up. Your mother slid it off the hanger and smiled.

“Good choice, my dear.”

She dressed you quickly before allowing you to run freely through the house

In your head, however, you were on a mission. What mission? A mission to find your dad.

You checked the living room first, but he wasn’t there. So where would he be? Not in his room, in the bathroom, or even in the dining room. So where was he?

There was only one more place to go search...where the people go after they serve you your meals.

You ran there immediately, making sure that your mother wasn’t following you. Adventures were always better when you were alone. After hearing your mothers shouts for you to come back to her fade away, you knew there was no one to stop you! Not a single soul to bring you back, and there certainly wasn’t anyone to catch you. You were too fast! No one could catch up to-

“Where do you think you’re going, little girl?”

Ghira swiftly picked you up and held you high in the air. You kicked and cried, but you couldn’t get out of his giant hands! What were they made of, anyway?? Metal?

“Ghira, oh thank Remnant you’ve caught her!” Kali huffed as she took you from your father.

So much for being unstoppable. Next time you’d go for the balcony.

“It’s time for cake!” Ghira sang as he led you and your mother out to the back yard. 

It was full of beautiful balloons and nicely decorated tables. There were faunas dressed in suits and corsets, heels and flats, and all of them were there for one special thing. Or person.

You. they were all there for you. It was your birthday! Whatever that was. All you knew, or cared to know, was that there was cake involved. That’s all that really mattered, right?

And there was cake! A beautiful, cute and delicious little cake with the number one on top

And there was cake! A beautiful, cute and delicious little cake with the number one on top. But the one was on fire...why was it on fire?

“Happy birthday!” everyone sang. Your eyes stayed focused on the cake.

Ghira chuckled and cut you a slice before stabbing a piece with the four pointed stick and putting it in your mouth. It was delicious!

You body dived onto it, unfortunately bringing your unsuspecting mother with you. It covered your face, but you didn’t care. As long as you got more cake!

John Cena would have been proud.