Velvet first Birthday

Velvet looked around the halls as she held you tightly. Who could have put you in your crib? You were peacefully asleep with her the night before!

She shrugged. It didn’t matter, what mattered was that it was your birthday!

Well, not actually. It was the 1 year anniversary since she adopted you, but close enough! How excited she was! And her whole team agreed to help too! Now, all she had to do was get you dressed.

“Want a bath, bunny?” She asked.

You nodded, not looking away from the collar of her shirt as you picked at it.

She walked you over to the bathtub, ran some hot water, and began to undress you. You winced as she touched your leg. She looked skeptical, and followed your finger to a small bruise on your leg.

"What..?" She questioned. You waddled over to the bathtub and sat yourself down.

"Mommy, toys!" You picked your finger in the direction of the blocks and cups, and she knocked them into the bath with you.

She gently ran the water over your hair. You sighed a bit and looked down at your cups and blocks, eager to play with them. She smiled as she rinsed shampoo and conditioner from your hair, then to wash your body. She stood up, kissed your cheek, and walked from the bathroom to allow your to play.

A small knock on the door interrupted her thoughts, and she walked over to the door skeptically. Velvet looked through the peephole.

“Hello?” she asked as she swung the door open.

Cardin smiled. “Uh, hi!” he gave a quick side smile, and turned away from her.

“Can I help you?”

“I came to give (Y/N) a birthday present.” he said, holding out a large box to her.

“You can come on in and set it on the bed.” she offered.

Cardin walked in robotically and sat the box down. You saw him from the bath and waved, and he waved back.

“Hi, (N/N).” he said softly. You giggled.

“Cahden!!” you splashed the water and wiggled.

He waved bye and walked out of the room. Velvet waved him off before turning to you and lifting you from the water. You complained a little, but followed her to the closet.

There, she slipped on a beautiful dress, and you twirled in the mirror, imagining a show just for you. 

She laughed and curled your hair

She laughed and curled your hair. Then, she grabbed a hold of your hand and walked you out to the hallway. Dove was waiting outside.

“Do you want me to walk her down?” he asked, looking at you the entire time.

She tightened her grip around your hand. “No, thank you Dove.” 

He stepped into the room, grabbed the present, and shut the door behind him. You waved and kept walking downstairs. You skipped downstairs, your mother walking behind you. You two giggled a bit and you fell once, but you were fine afterwards and decided to keep running.

Once you were in the cafeteria, you ran up to Cardin, who lifted you easily.

“Hi, Princess.” he smiled, pinching your cheek. You swatted his hand away.

He sat you down and you laughed. “Look!” you cheered.

He watched as you twirled in your dress. “That’s so pretty! You’re such a pretty girl.”

You smiled up at him and put your hands behind your back sweetly. “Thank you.”

“Come get some cake!” Coco called to you, and you looked to Cardin.

“Come on!” he urged, grabbing your hand and weaving you through the crowd of people. You found your mother at the table beside Coco, and Cardin grabbed you a little plate.

“Look at it, (Y/N)!” he said.

“Mine?” you asked, pointing to yourself

“Yes! Yes this is all yours!” he pointed to the balloons, the people, the decorations, and the cake.

You began tearing up, not knowing how to handle the stress of a lot of people. He cooed to you, playing with the ends of your hair and putting them behind your ear.

He grabbed a plate of cake and took you out to the balcony.

“What’s wrong?” he asked sweetly. You simply shrugged as tears poured down your face.

He held you to him, allowing you to cry into his armour. He removed the chestplate and picked you up, then cut a small bite of the cake off to feed it to you.

“Here.” he offered.

You bit it and smiled, but that didn’t help your tears.

“It’s going to be okay, I’m here.”