Missing

Jane is not feeling herself

Jane sighed as she leaned her head against the cool glass of the window. Currently, her, Changkyun and Minhyuk were on their way to yet another year-end music show. She felt like they had been going nonstop the past few weeks and she was happy for this to be the last one. Then they'd all have a little bit of a break. Shownu had even said something about them all possibly going on a short trip together, just the seven of them.

However, Jane had been feeling a weight on her heart the past few weeks. Especially after the music shows were over and done with. She was pretty sure she knew where most of it was stemming from, but she hadn't wanted to voice it out loud to the others. She did notice that everyone's energy seemed to be a little off lately as well. Usually, they were a loud and rambunctious septet.

Lately though, they had all been a little quieter and more lost in their own thoughts. She figured no one wanted to bring down the "holiday" spirit that everyone was talking about nowadays. Or maybe they thought that the others weren't feeling the same thing. Jane knew that wasn't true though. They had all been together long enough to know the second someone had a change of mood or energy.

Why it felt like it was taboo to mention her feelings, she wasn't sure. But something in the back of her mind kept making her bite her tongue. "Your forehead is gonna freeze to the glass if you leave it on their any longer." Minhyuk said beside her. She scoffed but didn't retort back to him. Even their little bantering was halfhearted now.

"She's just cooling down before we're stuck on stage with lights that blaze like the flames of hell." Both of them looked back to Changkyun with wide eyes. He hadn't even glanced up at them, still buried in whatever he was doing on his phone. "You said that with a really straight face," Minhyuk commented, a little worried. Changkyun only shrugged and the rest of the ride was silent.

Jane went back to looking out the window, but for Minhyuk's peace of mind, she didn't press her forehead against the glass. Her brow was furrowed and she chewed the inside of her cheek. Sure, Changkyun was making a joke, but anyone could tell he was more serious than joking. When did going up on stage suddenly start to feel like hell for him?

At the studio, Jane sat patiently in her chair as her hair and makeup were done. Shownu had long given up trying to cover her up with more clothes. She had told him one day he just needed to accept that she wasn't a baby anymore and that she was ready to show off. He didn't particularly like that answer, but he had no choice.

Her black leotard was adorned with different patterns in silver. The jacket she wore over it and the black shorts were adorned with the same silver patterns. She wasn't happy she was wearing heels, but she did like these ones. Black heeled booties with silve spikes and studs all over them. "As much as I think you should put pants on and a turtleneck, I think this concept really suits you."

Jane looked over at Kihyun and winked. "Don't worry, mom. I'll make sure nothing gets seen that shouldn't." Kihyun only shuddered, not wanting to picture the news on that. She chuckled, standing up as the stage manager called for them to make their way out. Their set ended quickly and Jane was a little surprised but she felt even heavier this time around then the past few music shows.

They took their pictures and there was a few that she could see everyone was hesitant to let be posted on their social media pages. She sighed as she glanced at the seven of them smiling in the photo. Even she could tell none of their smiles were reaching their eyes. "I think, maybe, this should just be for us."

Minhyuk hummed in agreement, staring at the photo over her shoulder. "Can we call it an early day?" Hyungwon asked, yawning and Shownu happily agreed, ushering everyone to go back to the cars. "Is it fine if I just stay at the dorm tonight?" Jane asked and smiled a little at how offended Kihyun looked. "Why would you even ask that? Of course you can."

She thanked him and hopped into the car, leaning back against the seat and closing her eyes. She could go back to her apartment, cuddle into the side of her boyfriend, but he was preparing for their own show and she knew he wouldn't be back until late tonight or very early in the morning. She didn't want to be alone.

"Wanna sleep in my bed?" She glanced over at Minhyuk. "I'm pretty sure Shownu's been using your bed for his laundry and weight stuff. He'll be too tired to clean it off." She chuckled a little. However, it broke her heart a little at the tint of desperation in his brown eyes. "When's the last time we shared a bed?" She asked and Minhyuk smiled.

"When we were in the smaller dorm, maybe?" Changkyun snorted, shaking his head. "She always slept in my bed. I don't think she's ever shared with someone else." Jane stuck her tongue out at him and grabbed Minhyuk's hand. She could tell he also didn't want to be alone.

"Looks like it'll be our first slumber party."