Proud Of You

Jane talks to Wonho about his new song

Jane knocked excitedly at the door in front of her. She hadn't seen Wonho in months and while he had been in regular contact, she missed him. His new song had just been released today and it both broke her heart and filled it. It was amazing. And only her and the rest of the members knew what the true meaning behind it was.

"Hello, I wasn't expecting dark and dreary at my doorstep today." He teased with a bright smile. She scoffed, rolling her eyes and wrapping her arms around him in a hug. He chuckled, hugging her back. "I've missed you." She breathed and she hummed, pulling her inside.

"Still see that your style hasn't changed any," he teased. Jane rolled her eyes again, sitting down on the couch and crossing her arms. "Black goes with anything." She muttered and he let out a laugh. God, how she's missed hearing that every day.

"What brings you here today?" He asked, sitting across from her and she shrugged. "Just felt like it." Wonho smiled adoringly at Jane, knowing that she never did anything because she really just felt like it. "I see. Well, then I'm sorry to say I'm pretty busy with a date with my bed so, you'll have to leave."

She narrowed her eyes at him and he smirked. "I heard your new song," she said quietly and he tensed up a little. Going to debut solo hasn't been easy and just like when he was in the group, he was still worried about how his music would come off and resonate with others.

"It was really good. Like, really good. I've listened to it a million times today." She said and he smiled a little, not making eye contact. "I'm glad you liked it. I was a little worried about it." Jane raised and eyebrow. "What for?" He shrugged, sinking lower into the couch. "It's not my usual style."

Jane scoffed. "Oppa, of course it isn't. This your own personal style. The sound you want and how you want to make it. You're solo now, not with the group. I think it was absolutely wonderful and I think it sounds great. And I know there's millions of other people who think so to."

He just shrugged, not offering any comment and she sighed. "Look at me, Lee Hoseok." He gulped, turning to face her. "This is your time to make music that you like. Music that you want to put out there in the world. Without having to worry about 7 other people. It's yours."

He smiled a little, shaking his head. "I supposed you're right. You know how I get." She smiled softly, humming. "Which is why I'm here to snap you out of it. You created a wonderful piece, oppa. And I can't wait to hear the rest of it. And I'll be there, front row when you debut." He raised an eyebrow.

"Promise?" She nodded, holding out her pinky finger. "Promise." They chatted for a few more hours before Jane finally had to make her way home. Changkyun bombarded her before she could her foot through the door, dragging her to his bedroom. "What did he say?! Is he okay?! Is he healthy?!"

Jane gave him a flat look before shaking her head. "You can call and ask him yourself, Im Changkyun. He's still your friend. And you still have his number." Changkyun looked away, scratching the back of his neck. "It's still—hard. I want too, I do. But I think we all just need time at the moment."

Jane sighed, shoulders drooping. She'd had pretty much the same answer from all the rest of the boys. She understood at some level, but at the same time she wished that they could all get together again. "I know. I'm sorry." She said and Changkyun sighed, laying back on his bed.

"It's a really good song though. He's still got it." He said and Jane hummed. "What about you? Mr. I'm working on a new album." She said and he just smiled. "I don't what you're talking about." She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Am I not your best friend?" He nodded.

"You are. But that doesn't mean you get special privileges or insider information." She feigned shock, looking at him with wide eyes. "I think that means I get all the special privileges and insider information." He chuckled, standing up and walking out. "Not a chance, Jane-ssi."

She laid back on her bed, smiling up at the ceiling. She was content, almost happy. Sure, things may still be strained friendship wise, but she was determined to fix that, in due time. But right now, she only had one thing left to do.

Buy tickets for someone's debut show.