A Little Advice

Jane is invited out by Seulki

"I'll be back in a bit!" Jane yelled from the door. Shownu peeked his head around the corner. "Just call me. I'll pick you up." She grunted in approval, slipping her combat boots on and walking out the door. She was little anxious; Seulki and her never really talked unless the others were around but she had invited her out to an impromptu lunch and Jane didn't want to be rude and say no.

So now, here she was, sitting at some diner that she could care less about and Seulki in front of her. She was surprised to see her with minimal makeup and not dressed up to the nine's, but Jane thought she looked better that way. Jane had ordered herself a burger and fries and the biggest milkshake, Seulki only a salad and Jane didn't know if that's something she should be concerned about. Then again, it wasn't her business.

It was awkward; both girls had barely spoken a few words to each other, staying occupied on their phones. "I'm sorry this is so awkward," Seulki breathed and Jane chuckled a little. "Just a bit. But it's alright—we're just not that close." Seulki nodded, taking a sip of her water. "This is nice and all," Jane said, wiping the corner or her mouth her napkin, "but why exactly did you invite me out? We're not exactly the best of friends." Seulki cringed a little and Jane apologized.

"I'm sorry, that sounded bitchy. I just meant—we're friends—but not close friends?" Seulki laughed, waving her hand. "I know what you mean, Jane-ah. I was cringing because this salad dressing tastes terrible." Jane looked at her in disbelief. She'd always felt that Seulki was a little stuck up or on her own high horse and while she was never downright mean to anyone, she had her moments where she came off as little rude.

"R-right. The dressing," Jane said and Seulki laughed. "Look, I know I'm not the—friendliest—person," Seulki said, pushing her barely eaten food away from her. "But I do like you as a person and I also have something that I think only you'd be able to help me with." Jane raised and eyebrow, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning back in the booth. "Lemme guess, Hyungwon?" Seulki nodded, fiddling with he straw in her cup.

"Tell me what happened," Jane sighed and Seulki leaned forward. "Nothing, actually. I'm just—I tend to get a little jealous or—insecure." Jane was a little surprised to hear that. Sure, Seulki may not be Korea's ideal standard of beauty, but she was pretty. Even Jane was amazed sometimes at how effortlessly it seemed for Seulki to be beautiful.

"Is this about the comment Byeol made?" Jane asked and Seulki averted her gaze to the table, nodding her head slowly. "I talked to Hyungwon and he said that they're just friends and I believe him!" She looked up to meet Jane's gaze and Jane could see the worry in her eyes. She felt a little bad; besides, she was dating Jimin and if she was being honest, Seulki would probably be the first person she goes to whenever they fight.

"But—you don't believe it?" Jane asked and Seulki shook her head furiously. "No—I don't—I know he wouldn't lie to me. But Byeol still seemed kind of, sad? You had to see the look in her eyes. And I just—I need to know if it's something I should watch out for." Jane sighed, leaning her elbows on the table and propping her chin in her hands. "Honestly, S?" She didn't miss the way Seulki smiled a little at Jane using her stage name. "I know Hyungwon really loves you and none of my boys would ever cheat. I'd kill them."

This caused Seulki to giggle and Jane smiled a little. "But, I don't know how Byeol feels. We're really not that close and honestly, not even really friends. She's friend with Hyungwon more than me. I'm just there to say hello." Seulki hummed, thinking to herself and Jane cleared her throat, picking up a fry and throwing it at her. Seulki looked at her with wide eyes.

"You did—did you really—a fry? How old are you!?" She grabbed an ice cube out of her water and threw at Jane and it fell down her shirt. She yelped at the coldness, banging her knee on the table causing her coke to fall over right on to Seulki's jeans. Jane couldn't contain her laughter as Seulki just glared at her. She took her water, splashing it on to Jane and she stopped laughing, glaring at the girl in front of her who was smiling sweetly.

"It's on." Jane said and Seulki narrowed her eyes, frantically picking up the salt and pepper shakers and trying to get the tops off as Jane found the ketchup bottle and aimed and fired. Safe to say, both girls were kicked out of the diner by a very angry owner and Shownu had been called to pick her up. "You're really going to walk back like that?" Jane said. Seulki shrugged, adjusting her bag. "It's not too far."

Jane shrugged and Seulki pulled her in for a hug. Jane stiffened a little and Seulki immediately backed away. "Sorry—I forgot. You don't like that stuff." Jane let out a breath and timidly opened her arms for Seulki to hug her. "I really had fun, thank you. And now we both have ketchup." Jane scowled as she looked down at her top and sure enough, Seulki had managed to rub the ketchup from her shirt on to Jane's.

She looked up to scold her but Seulki was already around the corner. Jane sighed, crossing her arms as she waited for Shownu to pull up. She really needed a shower. A few moments later, Shownu was rushing out of the car, eyes wide at Jane's appearance. "Are you—what happened? Is that blood?" He looked her up and down and Jane shrugged, getting in the car.

"You know me and Seulki; we tend to get a little crazy."