Monsta X Ray: Lost In The Dream

Monsta X finds out surprising information when Jane undergoes hypnosis

Jane kept herself from laughing as Jooheon finished up his hypnosis. Jane thought it was a joke and she was surprised that her members really believed this stuff actually worked. However, it was a reality show and she was going to go along with it, whether it worked or not. "Who wants to go next?" The hypnotist asked and they all ushered Jane forward. She rolled her eyes but sat down in the chair, closing her eyes. "Close your eyes, and when I get to five you'll be in a dream." She heard the hypnotist say.

By the time the hypnotist got to five, Jane was breathing evenly and seemed like she was really just sleeping. "What's your name?" The hypnotist asked.

"Jane."

"Isn't it YungJae?"

"Only to those close to me. But I like Jane better."

"How old are you?"

"23."

The boys looked at each other and the staff confused. These were general questions that anyone could look up and to be honest, quite boring. The staff made signals for them to just stay patient so they returned their attention to their youngest member. "Who would you say your closest to in your group?" It was silent for a few moments, but everyone already knew who she would pick.

"Changkyun and Jooheon."

Everyone was a little surprised she added Jooheon in there, but both boys smiled proudly. "Have you ever felt like you don't fit in within your group?"

"No." She answered immediately and you could hear the boys sigh in relief and their faces overcome with huge smiles. "Is there anything you want to say to any of your members?" The hypnotist asked and it was quiet for a few moments. "I wish that they would take my likings into account sometimes." She said quietly and the others looked up in shock. They thought they were doing their best to make sure she was included in decisions and plans. How could they have been wrong? "Can you explain?" The hypnotist asked as he eyed the confused boys.

"Just, sometimes they'll leave and go to a meeting with the company without waking me up. I know they just want me to rest, but I'd like to be there to know what's going on, not just hear about it afterwards. And sometimes I want to pick the food we eat, but it just gets overlooked because not everyone likes western food. Or when we have an off day and everyone just does their own thing. I'd like to do something as a group." She finished and some of the boys were a little teary eyed. They had no idea this was how Jane felt sometimes.

The hypnotist took Jane out of her dreamlike state and she sat up, blinking a few times. "Why do you all look so shocked?" She asked as she took her seat next to Shownu and Kihyun. Both boys grabbed her hands, giving them gentle squeezes and she pulled her hands away, looking between the two. "What's wrong with you two?" She said. Shownu smiled, dimples showing. "Nothing. How do you feel about hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner?" She looked at him with weary eyes.

"But, you don't like hot dogs." She said and Shownu shrugged. "It's alright, I'm sure I can find something I like." He smiled and then a bright grin took over her face as she nodded. "That would be great!" They finished the episode and made their way to the van to go and eat dinner. "Oh, Jane-ah," Wonho said suddenly and she looked at him expectantly. "We have a meeting tomorrow with the company, they want to start discussing another album. We have to leave the dorm at 11." Jane cocked her head to the side but nodded. She was happy that he wanted her to come along, usually they would let her sleep in and someone would came wake her up for practice.

They ate happily, light chatter between them and Jane was surprised that no one complained about the unhealthy food. "How'd you like it?" Kihyun asked, nodding towards her nearly empty plate. "It was really good. I haven't had western food in a while. It's a nice change." She said with a small smile and Kihyun smiled and nodded. "I can try learning some recipes for western food. Switch up meals every now and again. For special occasions." Jane nodded enthusiastically. "That'd be cool."

They went home and Jane was ready to call it a night but Minhyuk had picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder and bringing her to living room while she hit his back lightly with her fists. She placed on the couch and sat next to her, pulling a blanket over them. "Minhyuk, I'm tired. I want to sleep." She said, annoyed. Minhyuk shrugged his shoulders, not taking his eyes off the TV. "Too bad. I just carried a bag of bricks in here, you're going to watch the movie with us." She scoffed, rolling her eyes and then she looked at him again, confused. "I'm sorry, did you say us?"

As if on cue, Kihyun walked in with drinks and Shownu with two large bowls of popcorn. Hyungwon sat down on the other side of her, throwing the blanket over him as well as Changkyun and Jooheon settled on the floor together. "We wanted to do a family movie night since all we have tomorrow is just the meeting." Wonho said with a bright smile and Jane simply nodded. She didn't complain anymore though, she was happy that they were doing something together.

Despite how happy she was that they were all doing something together, she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer and fell asleep, head rolling onto Hyungwon's shoulder. He smiled at her, pulling the blanket up to cover her a bit more and then returned his attention to the movie. "Y'know," Jooheon spoke up sleepily in the dark room. Shownu hummed at him while Kihyun scolded for him to shut up and wait till the movie was over. "I won't be awake when it's over," Jooheon yawned and whined at the same time and Kihyun scoffed, letting him go on.

"We should do this more often. It was nice to be with everyone today." He laid back down next to their already sleeping Changkyun and Shownu smiled.

"I think we can make that work."