Struggle

The boys start to notice little things about Jane that worries them

"Jane-ah! We have to leave in five minutes!" Kihyun scolded and she groaned, dragging herself out of Minhyuk's bed. Changkyun walked in, frowning at his best friend. "What's going on with you? You're usually one of the first to wake up." Jane shrugged her shoulders, sloppily pulling one of Changkyun's hoodies over her head. "I just didn't sleep well, I'm tired." Changkyun helped her put the hoodie on, still frowning.

They left their dorm, walking to the company building. They had a packed schedule of vocal lessons, dance practice, and Jane had some language classes. Jane trudged behind them, squinting her eyes. Changkyun sighed, taking off his sunglasses and putting them on her. "Thanks, Kyun-ie." She said quietly and he smiled, wrapping an arm around her.

They arrived at their building, heading straight up to the practice room. "I'm going to get coffee for everyone, stretch out and warm up." Hyunwoo said, turning towards the small café. Jane had never been happier for coffee. The rest of them made their way up to the room, setting their stuff down. Jane tied her hair up in a tight ponytail, struggling to pin her bangs back. "I got you." Hyungwon said, walking up behind her and pinning them back easily. She shot him a tired smile.

They all started stretching and Jane masked her pain wonderfully on her face. Her muscles and joints were still aching here and there, but it seemed to increase whenever they did their rigorous practices. She didn't mind though; all dancers experience this at some point, it's one of the faults, but she would never complain. She loved dancing and she loved her job, she wouldn't change it for the world.

She rolled her shoulders and stretched her knees as Hyunwoo walked in with their coffee. She happily skipped over to him, grabbing hers and chugging half of it. "Thanks, leader!" She said happily, skipping back to her spot. The others were temporarily relieved. She seemed to be going back to her normal self. They had been worried. They got home two weeks ago and all Jane has really done is sleep outside of practicing.

Hoseok had been the first to notice that she was experiencing some type of physical discomfort when they first started back up on practices, pointing it out to the others who just watched silently to see if it would get worse. Thankfully, it seemed like today was a good day. They all took their places, the music starting and so did their dance. Jane, as always, was professional and didn't let the discomfort she was feeling show. Until her knee decided to give out.

She collapsed on the ground, grunting in frustration and bending it. "Are you okay?!" Kihyun said, running to her side and she shook him off. "I'm fine, oppa. I just tripped. My knee is a little sore." Shownu frowned, looking at her knee. It didn't look bruised or anything, but it was a tad swollen. "When did this start?" He asked and Jane shrugged her shoulders. "Just a few minutes ago. It's fine, I'm fine." Shownu hummed in response, not believing a word she said.

They continued on for a few hours, but they all noticed how the longer they went on, the less Jane seemed to hide her discomfort. She never messed up after her fall earlier, but they could tell she wasn't exactly feeling comfortable. Finally, practice ended and Jane collapsed on the ground, grabbing her water bottle and chugging it. She was exhausted, but it had been 10 hours already. "I have a language class tonight, I'll be home later." She said, yawing and standing up.

Changkyun stood up, "so do I!" He said quickly and walked out with her. They met up with their tutor, Jane doing her best to keep her eyes open. Changkyun wasn't focused, too focused on Jane and trying to figure out what was wrong. Their day ended, the two walking back to the dorm. "God, I'm so sore." Jane groaned and Changkyun chuckled. "The tragic life of a professional performer. Hop on." He pointed to his back and Jane happily jumped up.

He carried her the rest of the way back, chatting away about nonsense. "What's going on with you? Seriously." Changkyun asked and Jane shrugged. "I don't know. I've just been really tired, no matter how much I sleep. And my joints and muscles are aching, they have been since we got back to Korea." Changkyun frowned. "Jane, that was two weeks ago. Why haven't you said anything?" She shrugged again. "I figured it was just jetlag." Changkyun raised an eyebrow, shaking his head. "Maybe the first few days, pabo. But not two weeks later."

"We have to tell Shownu hyung." Jane slipped down his back, stopping in front of him. "NO! He can't know. No one can." Changkyun narrowed his eyes, crossing his arms. "They'll make me sit out." Changkyun sighed, throwing his arm over her shoulder and turning her, continuing their journey. "But something is seriously wrong, Jane-ah. You should see someone before it gets worse."

She sighed, knowing he was right. "Fine, but, can you come with me?" Changkyun smiled, nodding his head. "Of course I can. But then Jooheon and Kihyun and Shownu are going to want to come. And then Hoseok-ie and then Hyungwon. We should all just go." He smiled brightly and Jane groaned. "I knew that would happen. Fine. Can you tell, Hyunwoo oppa though? I just wanna shower and sleep." Changkyun nodded. "Yeah."

They returned home, Jane going straight to the shower and Kihyun gave Changkyun a look and he simply nodded towards the living room. Everyone quickly gathered around as they heard the shower turn on. "I got her to agree to go get checked out. But I told her we were all going." Kihyun patted his head, "you're magic." Changkyun bowed, nodding his head. "She said it's been two weeks. Since she's been feeling like this. Since we got back." Shownu frowned. "Good thing I made her an appointment for tomorrow." Kihyun raised his eyebrows. "How'd you even know she would go?"

Hyunwoo shrugged, smiling slightly. "It was either Changkyun convinced her to go or I was carrying her there."