First Daesang

Monsta X win their first daesang

"And the winner is. . ." Jane held her breath in anticipation. She wasn't expecting to win, but even being nominated for one of the daesang categories was enough for her. The others all wanted to win. They would never voice it out loud but winning this would only further prove how hard they've been working.

Changkyun came to stand next to her, biting his bottom lip. She slipped her hand into his, giving it a squeeze. He smiled briefly at her. ". . .Monsta X!" Jane let her mouth drop open unable to move her legs at the moment. "They just called us, right?! This isn't a dream?!"

Minhyuk came up and pinched her arm and she yelped. "Nope, not dreaming. Let's go!" She couldn't even muster up a glare at him. She knew he was just as excited and shocked as she was. She followed them up to the stage, adjusting her mask. Shownu bowed and accepted the trophy.

They all lined up and introduced themselves before Shownu started speaking into the mic. Thanking the fans and their staff. Jane couldn't wipe the large grin off her face and Jooheon threw an arm around her shoulders. She easily sank into his embrace, the grin still present on her face.

They thanked everyone again and then made their way back to the green room. Jane took the trophy, staring at it. She was mesmerized and still in disbelief they had won. "Yah, it's not going to change the more you stare at it." Hyungwon teased her, sitting down next to her. She could only look at him with a stupid grin still on her face.

"We did it. We finally did it." She breathed out and Hyungwon hummed, chuckling. "We always did it, YunJae. People are just noticing more now." She wasn't sure her grin could get wider but it did. "This calls for celebration!" She stood up, thrusting the piece of metal into the air. "My place! Drinks and food for everyone!"

Kihyun chuckled, shaking his head. "Fine, fine. But only for a little bit. We still have tomorrow too." Minhyuk handed her a jacket and she slipped it on, pulling her heels off and putting on her flats. She wanted to go celebrate now. "You don't want to watch your boyfriend?" Minhyuk teased and Jane shook her head.

"No. He'll be okay. Let's go have fun!" The others were a little surprised but they all nodded and followed her out to their car. Once they reached Jane's apartment, she immediately took down a fancy bottle of champagne Seulki had gotten for her weeks ago. She was saving it for a special occasion, and she thought this was the most special occasion she'd ever have.

She poured the glasses for everyone while Kihyun expertly ordered them some takeout food. "Jimin won't mind us all being here?" Hyungwon asked and Jane shook her head. "They'll probably go to some after party or something. He'll probably stay at the dorms, especially with another award show tomorrow." Changkyun and Jooheon raised their eyebrows, smirks on their faces.

"SLEEP OVER!" They shouted at the same time, jumping up on the couch like children. Jane couldn't help but laugh. They all drank happily and stuffed their faces with food once it arrived. Minhyuk, Changkyun and Jooheon all took over the gaming console and were yelling back and forth at each other.

Hyungwon was watching them sleepily but laughing at their banter. Shownu, Jane and Kihyun were sitting on the other couch happily drinking another glass of alcohol and watching their members. "I'm so proud of all of us," Jane slurred a bit. She never did have a high tolerance for alcohol.

Shownu smiled, placing a kiss on her temple. Alcohol-infused Jane was very clingy to everyone and anyone and the boys took advantage of the skin ship when they could. "You should call your dad," Kihyun said. "He probably stayed up to watch it and is waiting for you to call."

Jane laid her head on his shoulder, basking in the happiness that she felt. Even if she was exhausted and needed to be up early for a new day, she was too happy to sleep. "I'll call him tomorrow, it's late right now. Plus—" she hiccupped "—I don't want him to know I drink."

Shownu let out a loud laugh, throwing his head back. It had been quite a while since Jane had seen him enjoying himself so much. He always seemed stressed or a little more quiet than usual. It was nice to see the smile on his face that made his eyes disappear. "I don't think it's a secret, Jane-ah." She only crinkled her nose, shaking her head.

"Fine, I'll remind you because I know you'll forget." Kihyun said and she hummed, closing her eyes. She had missed this. Them just hanging out and playing video games and drinking and eating like they were just a normal group of friends. Not that they weren't normal, but without the all the fame attached to them. She frowned when she felt her stomach sink a little.

She loved this and was happy to have them all over like their early days, but something was missing. "What're you frowning for?" Kihyun asked and she sat up, looking around at everyone. "We're missing one." She whispered and Kihyun sighed, letting his shoulders sag a little.

"I need to make a phone call," she stood up abruptly, walking to her room for more privacy. Kihyun only nodded and the others were too focused on the game to see her walk away. She closed her door quietly, taking in a deep breath before pulling out her phone and dialing the number for their missing piece.

"Hello? Jane-ah? What's wrong?" She let a smile grace her lips before answering him.

"Wonho-oppa," she breathed.