Jane vs. The Internet Pt. 1

Jane starts seeing some of the comments about her online

Jane sighed, staring at her phone. She knew that she was going to get hate, that they all would. Especially because of how they were formed. However, she would rather take the brunt of it rather than any of the other members. Their happiness was far more important than hers. She sighed, rolling her eyes and climbing off her bunk, starting to get dressed for the day. She was going to do her damn best not to let the comments get to her. Besides, she's heard worse before.

She threw on her black sports bra and black leggings, throwing one of Wonho's oversized sweaters she had stolen a few weeks ago over her. She tied her long black hair up in a ponytail, tightening it. She sighed, flattening down a few stray hairs before slipping on her gym shoes and grabbing her phone, walking out of her room and to the living room. She was a little more exhausted than normal; she had been up all night reporting nasty comments about her members and reading ones about her. She was reading good and bad ones, but it was stressing her a little bit.

"You look like a racoon," Minhyuk comments as Jane reached in the fridge for a water bottle. She narrowed her eyes at him, scoffing. She wasn't going to give him the time of day right now, she was far too exhausted. Minhyuk frowned; she always had a snarky response ready to fire back at him. "You okay?" He asked and Jane nodded, taking a sip of her water. "I'm fine. Where's Hyunwoo? We need to leave soon." Minhyuk nodded his head towards the living area.

"Getting the children rounded up." Jane smirked, grabbing Minhyuk's wrist and dragging him off the chair. "Let's go!" She said as he protested. Eventually they got everyone out the door and to the company. They entered the practice room and Jane started stretching, getting in the zone and ready to focus wholeheartedly on their practice. Shownu went and started the music and everyone got in position. They practiced a few times through, Jane doing everything perfectly. Until she landed on her ankle wrong and fell to the ground, groaning in pain. "Jane!" Kihyun said, running over to her.

Hyungwon jogged over and shut off the music. "Are you okay?" Kihyun asked, already taking her shoe off and examining her ankle. She winced a little as he rolled it around. "I'm fine," she said, breathing heavily. "It's not broken. Probably just twisted it. You should rest for a bit." He said, slipping her shoe back on. "No, I'm fine." She said, standing up and masking the twinge of pain she felt. Shownu narrowed his eyes. "Leaders orders. Rest and ice." He pointed towards the door and Jane crossed her arms, shaking her head. "I'm fine, oppa! I'm dancing. Wonho, play the damn music."

Shownu was about to say something before Changkyun elbowed him lightly, shaking his head. Shownu didn't say anything more, moving back to his position. "We'll take a break and then film the dance practice video." Shownu said, breathing heavily. The others nodded, walking to their bags and sitting down. Jane plopped on the ground, chugging her water. She scrolled through her phone again, eyes scanning over more comments. She sighed, reading some more not-so-nice comments and shut her phone off, standing up. "Let's do the video." She was going to prove to everyone that she could keep up with them.

"You're ankle's swollen, Jane." Jooheon said quietly, trying not to alert anyone else but Hyungwon's head snapped to her and then to her ankle, frowning. She shook her head. "It's fine, it doesn't even hurt." Hyungwon went to say something but one glare from Jane had him snap his mouth shut. They recorded the video, uploading it and packing up for the day. Jane limped a little as she made her way to grab her stuff, doing her best to ignore the pain in her ankle. Hyungwon nudged Wonho, nodding towards Jane. He sighed, walking up to her. "C'mon. Get on before Shownu sees." He said, pointing to his back. She gladly jumped on, Wonho carrying her all the way back to the dorm.

Jane laid in bed, freshly showered and scrolling through the comments on their video uploaded a few hours ago. She smiled at the comments telling them how good it was and how they couldn't wait for the album to come out. There was more good comments than bad ones and the bad ones had dedicated fans defending them. Then one comment caught her eye.

Does anyone notice how off beat Jane is? Or is it just me?

Her breath hitched and she felt her tears pool in her eyes. She could take hate about her looks, about her image, about her personality, anything. But comment about her dancing, something she had dedicated her entire life too since she was little, she couldn't handle that. She knew it wasn't her fault; she was injured and refused to listen when she was told to take it easy. She heard a knock at the door, jumping and dropping her phone. She looked over at Kihyun. "Ice. For your ankle." He said simply, handing her a ice pack. She thanked him quietly, placing it on her ankle.

"Everything okay?" She nodded, not speaking nor trusting her voice to give her away. "I just want to sleep, oppa." She said quietly, grateful her voice didn't crack. Kihyun frowned, but nodded, walking out and shutting the lights off, cracking the door open. She hurriedly pulled her phone back out and her eyes went wide as she saw that more people had commented in response to them. Not one of them defending her.

Lmao I thought I was the only one

Seriously why did sse even think a girl could keep up

Shes obviously struggling, poor girl

Its so noticeable

Didn't she even train before debuting?

She threw her phone in frustration. Tears building up her eyes and spilling over. She cried silently, turning over and covering her head with her blankets, staring at the wall. She trembled, letting the sobs rack her body. She froze when she heard the door creak open and heard people tiptoeing in and slipping into bed. She didn't move but the tears still ran down her cheeks.

It was the first time in a very long time that Jane had cried; let alone cried herself to sleep.