The Argument Pt. 2

The fallout of Jane and Changkyun's squabble

"You—I'm sorry, you WHAT?!" Nari said and Jane hissed, pulling the phone away from her ear slightly. "Please don't yell." She wiped her eyes. She would not allow herself to cry in public. Not when cameras could be lurking around. "Alright. Right. Sorry, noona. Go to my dorm. I'm at a schedule but I'm almost done, Wooyoung's there. I'll have him let you in." Jane said a brief thank you before hanging up and making the 40 minute walk to Nari's dorm.

She was surprised to see Wooyoung waiting down by the door. "You didn't have to wait down here." She muttered as he pushed the door open for her. "Nonsense. Plus, Nari asked me too." Jane rolled her eyes. "Of course she did. But, thank you." She said, not forgetting her manners. She inwardly laughed. If only Hyungwon could see her now. "C'mon. I made tea." Wooyoung said, gesturing to the elevator. Jane smiled slightly, but he noticed it wasn't real.

"Tea sounds great." She breathed, stepping in the elevator and waiting for it to go up. She was grateful that Nari's members didn't treat her like she was some old hag. They were polite, they didn't pry, yet they still took care of her as if she was one of their own. She was lost in thought, replaying the argument over and over in her head. Slut. Whore. Punch. I broke his nose. I swore at Hyungwon. Oh god. I swore at HYUNGWON. I punched my best friend. God, I punched my best friend.

She hadn't heard the ding of the elevator and Wooyoung lightly nudged her shoulder. "You alright, noona?" He asked, worry in his eyes and she shook her head. "No. I'm not. But it's okay. Sorry." She walked out and to the familiar door, pushing it open and slipping her shoes off. Wooyoung came in behind her, closing the door and leading her to the kitchen. "It's just black tea, sorry. I don't know how to play with all those flavor things." Jane couldn't help but laugh a little. "I don't like those flavor things anyways."

Wooyoung winked, smiling. "Nar said you broke I.M's nose." Jane shrugged. "I don't know if I broke it. But it was bleeding. And I did punch him." Wooyoung hummed, ready to ask her why but then Jane just started panicking. "Oh god. Woo. I punched him. I punched my best friend. I possibly broke his nose!" She jumped up, looking at him. "That's like you punching San or Yeosang and meaning it!" She said and ran her fingers through her hair which had mostly fallen out of her tight bun. "And I swore at Hyungwon! I told him to kiss my ass! Oh my god. What the hell did I just do?!"

Wooyoung started to panic. He wasn't good at this. He never had been; not even with Nari. And right now, San and Hongjoong weren't here. "S-Seonghwa-hyung!" He yelled and Seonghwa was quickly in the kitchen, eyeing the panicking Jane and soon-to-be panicking Wooyoung. He sighed, shaking his head. "Jane-sunbaenim. Let's sit down." He guided her to the chair and she willingly followed, gulping. "Here, take a sip." He said in a gently voice, handing her the cup of tea and she did take sip.

"Thanks, Seonghwa. Sorry." She smiled sheepishly. He shook his head, a small smile on his face. "Don't worry about it. Nari should be home in a few minutes. Want to just wait in our room?" Jane nodded, grabbing her cup and thanking Wooyoung before following behind Seonghwa. She sat on Nari's bunk, staring aimlessly at the floor while Seonghwa busied himself with cleaning.

"WHERE'S MY BEST FRIEND?!" Jane cringed at Nari's loud voice. "I guess she's home now." Seonghwa sighed and Jane smiled, nodding her head. A second later Nari was in her room, throwing her arms around Jane. "My poor baby. Talk to me. Tell me everything." Jane groaned, pushing her off. "Please, stop." Nari rolled her eyes, sitting up and looking at her. "So?" She asked.

Jane sighed, feeling the tears well up in her eyes again. "We got in an argument. Like a proper, 'I hate you' argument." Nari's eyes went wide. "He doesn't hate you, Jane-ah." Jane shook her head. "I know that, babo. He didn't say he did. It was just our first real argument since, well, ever." Nari raised her eyebrow. "What brought it on?" Jane sighed again, laying back on the bed and staring at the ceiling.

"Jimin was with me. We were dancing and messing around and Changkyun saw. He called me a whore. And a slut. And I punched him. And my hand hurts. And his nose is probably broken. Then I swore at Hyungwon out of anger. I was such a bitch." She covered her face with her hands, wincing at the slight pain in her newly bruised knuckles.

Nari sighed, unsure of how to help. "How about we have Seonghwa-oppa look at your hand." She said and Jane nodded, sitting up and swiping her eyes. "I'm sorry. I've been such a mess these past few weeks and here I am again. A mess." Nari sighed again, wrapping her in a hug. "You're not a mess, Jane. Let's get your hand wrapped." Jane followed behind Nari to the kitchen where Seonghwa was cleaning, again.

"Oppa! Do you think you could look at Jane's hand? She hurt it." Nari smiled brightly and Seonghwa smiled. "Of course, let me grab the first aid kit." He walked out, returning a few minutes later. He looked at her hand and gently wrapped it. "It's not broken, but I would hate to be the thing that was on the receiving end." Jane chuckled dryly. "He probably does."

"Hwa-oppa, is it alright if Jane stays here tonight? Just until things cool off." Nari asked, smiling sweetly. Seonghwa sighed, looking between both girls. "Fine. But just tonight. And Jane, you need to let one of your members know where you are. I don't want them to send a search party." Jane nodded, looking at the table. "I guess I'll text Shownu." She sighed, sending a quick text to her leader and then shutting off her phone.

She felt the tears again and laid her head down. "Don't worry," Nari said, rubbing her hand on her back. "It'll be okay. Let it cool off and then talk to him." Jane nodded, sitting up. "Can I take a nap? I'm exhausted." Nari smiled. "Of course! You can use my bed. I'll wake you up when we're going to eat." Jane nodded, giving her a small thanks and walking back to Nari's room and climbing under the covers.

She let out a shaky breath, tears silently making their way down her cheeks. Guilt was eating at her heart and she wasn't sure in the moment if anything would be okay when she returned home.