It's Been A While

Jane and Wonho catch up

"Wonho." Jane breathed, feeling tears well up in her eyes. They hadn't lost contact; they've all been in regular contact with him. But seeing him, in flesh and bone, was overwhelming. It had been months since she was able to last see him.

"You look a little banged up," he teased, moving to give her a hug. She wrapped her small arms around his neck, squeezing as tight as the IV in her hand would let her. "I've missed you," she said quietly and he chuckled, sitting at the edge of her bed.

"Jane-ah, we went out for dinner a few months ago. And we talked two days ago." She chuckled, shrugging. "You, in person. It's been a while. That's what I've missed." He smiled softly, patting her leg. "I know, baby. But I'm here now."

"What happened?" He asked and she rolled her eyes. "I know Kihyun already told you. And probably all the rest of them." He feigned innocence, shaking his head. "I know nothing. But I am a little upset that you didn't tell me you haven't been feeling well."

She frowned, looking down at the plain blanket. "I was feeling fine until today. I don't know what happened. It came out of nowhere." He sighed, patting her leg again. "Shownu said you had a seizure." She nodded, leaning back against the pillows.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly and she shrugged. He sighed, pulling a chair up to her bed and sitting in it, resting his head on his arms and looking at her. "Honestly, Jane-ah. Tell me. Are you okay?" She shook her head slightly, staring out of the window and closing her eyes tight. She didn't want to cry. She hated crying.

"Tell me," he said softly, gabbing her hand and rubbing circles on it. "I know that the doctor said I won't die. But it got this bad seemingly overnight. What if I don't have much time left?" Wonho bit his lip. It was something to consider, he knew that. But he also knew that the doctor wouldn't lie to them if it was the truth.

"You're not going to die, love. The doctor would have been up front about it." She shrugged, continuing to stare out the window. "I know that. I'm just worried. I've read so many things online of people who have the same thing and I'm just scared."

"There's so much I still want to do. And I know I sound crazy. I can live normally as long as I take the medication but I'm just scared. And my dad, he's already been alone since I came here to train. What if something happens and I really leave? He won't have anyone."

Wonho tightened his grip on her hand, lifting his head up. "Look at me." He said and she hesitantly looked towards him, hoping her eyes weren't glossy. "Tell me what you want to do." He said and she raised an eyebrow. "And just so you know," he continued, "whether you're dead or alive, your family is our family. Your dad would never be alone. I promise."

She smiled, nodding her head. "I know." He looked at her expectantly. "I still want to know everything it is that you want to do." She chuckled, patting his hand before snuggling deeper into her pillows. She was feeling exhausted.

"I want to travel. Alone and with all of you. I know we've done concerts and stuff, but I want to just us. No cameras, no fans, no schedules, no concerts. Just travel wherever we want to go, do things on our own time. Eat what we want to eat, sleep as long as we want to, visit places that we want to."

Wonho hummed, a warm smile on his face. That was a nice dream and it was one that he knew himself and all the others hoped for one day, but right now, it was unrealistic.

"I want to have sleepovers. I never got that when I was young. I want to shove my face with junk food and have pillow fights and play truth or dare and watch scary movies and draw all over the face of the first person to fall asleep."

"I want us all to visit each other's families, as us, not as Monsta X or Wonho. Just as who we are. Without cameras, without needing permission, just go and enjoy the family that we've built."

Wonho smiled brighter. She may look cold on the outside, but all of them knew inside, she was as soft as a teddy bear. It was probably one of the reasons her and Shownu got along so well.

"I know it's probably not possible anymore, but I want us all to be together again. All 8 of us." Wonho sighed, squeezing her hand tighter. "I know baby. We all want that, but I just don't think that's a reality we can live at the moment. But I'm still here!"

She looked at him, eyes glossy. "I never went anywhere, Jane-ah. We've talked almost every day. We've gone out for meals." She snorted, rolling her eyes and pulling her hand away. "Months ago." He sighed again, leaning back in the chair and crossing his arms.

"It's out of our control, Jane." She sighed, knowing he was right but still feeling a little lost. "But we can go on trip together. One day. Without cameras and without someone dictating where we go or what we do. One day, soon." He promised and he was intending to keep that promise.

"Right now though," he said, pushing her over gently and climbing in next to her. "Right now, I want you to get better, heal. Relax. You've all been working so hard. You need a break, even if it's a short one." She groaned. She wasn't one for breaks, but she knew it was inevitable.

She leaned her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes. "I really missed you, oppa." She murmured and Wonho kissed the top of her head, leaning back and staring at the ceiling. He heard her breaths even out and wiggled his way out without waking her, placing one last kiss to her forehead.

He didn't want to leave, but schedules were not conformed to family emergencies. He looked back at her sleeping form, quietly praying to whatever higher power that she was okay and relatively healthy. He took one last look before closing the door.

"It really has been a while."