Down

Jimin experiences Jane's illness to the full effect

Jane sighed as she finally reached Jimin's apartment. She had been feeling terrible today. She was achy every where, she was exhausted and a little dizzy. Paired with prepping for a new album coming out, she forgot how much more exhausting it made her feel.

Jimin smiled as he opened the door and she practically fell into his arms. "Woah there, you alright?" He asked, holding her up. She shook her head, groaning. "Just a bad day." He raised a brow and led her to the couch that she just collapsed into. "Seulki's couch is much comfier." She murmured and Jimin's eyes widened. "She got a new couch?!"

Jane groaned. "Dammit. I wasn't supposed to tell you." She covered her face with her hands, the lighting, dull as it was, was starting to hurt her head. "What's going on, love?" He asked, worried at the state she was in. "Forgot how prepping for a new comeback made me feel twenty time more exhausted than normal."

Jimin bit his lip. She had told him about her health issues, what could happen. But he knew her members were good on making sure she took her meds and giving her more breaks. He knew it wasn't easy and that it did drain her energy, but he had never seen it this bad before. "Do you want something for your head?" He asked and she shook her head.

"No, no. It wouldn't help anyways." She moved her legs, trying to make the ache in her knees go away but it only made it worse. "I'm gonna run you a hot bath. Soaking should help with the soreness." She nodded again and he quickly went into the doting boyfriend role. When he came back out he frowned at her curled up in the fetal position.

"I don't think that's gonna help with the pain, YunJae." He said gently, helping her sit up. She swayed into him and he started to mildly panic. "When's the last time you ate?" He asked and she mumbled something about how she only had a banana today. He clicked his tongue. "You told me you take care of yourself." She rolled her eyes. "We were busy! I forgot!"

He shook his head, helping her stand up and leading her to the bathroom. "Get in and I'll make some food. You need to eat to help keep you standing. Literally." She waved him away, just wanting to soak in the hot water and hope it relieved the tension and soreness she was feeling. He shook his head, walking away after closing the door.

She sighed, sitting on the toilet and starting to strip. Even the mundane task seemed like too much right now and she was honestly tired of this. How much was she going to have to endure before it even felt a semblance of better? She was exhausted from being exhausted.

The constant aches and pains. The constant feeling of tired even when she would sleep for hours on end. The all-to-frequent migraines and headaches. The heaviness her muscles and joints felt on an every day basis. She had hoped that the medicine would help alleviate this—and it did—for the most part. But that was only temporary.

She sighed again—she could wallow in self pity later back at home. All she wanted to do right now was soak in the tub and then lay on Jimin's sheets and have him hold her. She groaned again. She knew she wasn't feeling good when she wanted to cuddle. She gripped the edge of the porcelain tub, bringing her leg up to go in when she felt her other one give out.

She let out a scream before falling off the small ledge it was perched on and landing on the tiled floor with a groan. If her head wasn't hurting before, it definitely was now. "Jane-ah!" Jimin yelled, throwing the bathroom door open and gasping. He quickly kneeled beside her, worry cascading every inch of his face. "Are you alright?! What happened?!"

He helped her sit up and she felt tears of frustration cloud her vision. "God, I can't do anything like this!" She yelled in frustration and Jimin jumped slightly at her volume. Jane rarely yelled, let alone looked so fed up with herself that she was yelling. He frowned, pulling her naked body against his and kissing the top of her head. "Is your head alright?" He asked and she nodded. He picked her up, placing her in the tub and climbing in behind her, pulling her back flush against his chest.

"You still have your clothes on," she said quietly and Jimin shrugged. "I can just buy new ones." She scoffed at that and he smiled a little. "I know it's hard, jagiya. I know it's not easy. But you can do this and you have been. It's just one of the worse days. But I'm here. To help in any way I can."

She snuggled closer to him, if that was even possible and sighed. "Chim, these pants are like over 1,000 dollars." He laughed, shrugging again. "It's fine. I'll buy another pair." Jane just shook her head, a ghost of a smile playing on her lips. "I'm glad to see how you just throw away money," she teased and he chuckled. "Helping you was more important than a pair of pants."

She smiled and closed her eyes, almost asleep before Jimin gently shook her. "C'mon, let's dry you off and get some sleep. I'll make sure you have a big meal in the morning." She hummed, letting him help her out of the now lukewarm water and dry her. He brought her to the bedroom and she collapsed into the bed. "Here, put this on." He said, giving her one of his t-shirts.

She slipped it on, inhaling his scent before settling back into the sheets. "You look like a gopher right now." He teased, slipping into the other side and jane scrunched her nose, moving to wrap her arms around him. He pulled her closer, kissing her temple. "You have the comfiest sheets." She murmured and he smiled, grateful when her breath evened out and she was asleep.

He looked at her for a moment, moving a stray hair out of her face. Today was not what he had expected, nor was he aware of how bad it could get. But now that he knew, he would make sure to be extra prepared.

And that started with getting carpeting for the bathroom.