First Christmas

Jane and Jimin's first Christmas together

As much as Jane liked to pretend to feign interest in holidays, Christmas was her favorite. She loved to look out the window at the snow with a steaming cup of tea or cocoa in her hands. It was truly a winter wonderland for her. She would never get over the giddy and excited feeling when seeing snow fall from the sky.

She liked the lights and decorations too. Thankfully, Seulki had offered to come help her decorate the apartment. Now, there were colorful lights hanging from her new tree, plenty of ornaments adorning it and a large star on top. She had hung lights from the balcony and put them around the windows. Seulki had insisted on hanging up a mistletoe in the archway of the kitchen.

"Even if you're fighting you can't break tradition. You always have to kiss under the mistletoe." Jane had only rolled her eyes but inside she was cheesing. There had never been a chance for her to experience stupid little things like a mistletoe. Her and Jimin rarely fought but maybe she could pretend to get angry and conveniently end up right under the little green leaf.

Seulki had left a few hours ago and right now, she was just sitting on the little loveseat in front of the wall of windows, watching the snow gently fall to the street below. She had tea in her hand and was just enjoying being mesmerized by the holiday spirit. She had wrapped Jimin's presents earlier and they were sitting neatly under the tree. She had a special surprise for him as well, but that could wait until he got home.

She heard the front door open and she looked over her shoulder at Jimin who was grumbling to himself as he kicked his boots off and pulled his hat off. "The stupid weather said nothing about snow today. Traffic was absolutely ridiculous and it's cold—oh! This looks nice! Did you do all this?" He looked around at the decorated apartment and Jane smiled, standing up and leaning against the back of the loveseat.

"Seulki may have helped a little." She sucked in her bottom lip, a little nervous. She had never asked Jimin if he enjoyed stuff like this. She just assumed because he was a ray of light himself. "I love it! It's so pretty! You even hung them around the windows?" He walked over and examined the lights around the windows. Jane felt relieved and joined him, wrapping her arms around his waist and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"I'm glad you like it. It took forever but it's wonderful." Jane smiled at him and then he noticed the presents under the tree and his eyes went round like saucers. "Those are all for me?!" He asked, running over and Jane couldn't help but laugh. He really was a child at heart. "Yeah. I only got a few things." Jimin scoffed, picking up every single wrapped item and shaking it like a five-year-old on Christmas Eve.

"This is a few?! There's hundreds here!" Jane laughed nervously. Maybe she had gone a tad overboard, but she was excited. This was her first Christmas being spent with someone besides her members. Her first Christmas with someone that she loved on more than a platonic level. She just wanted it to be perfect and her love language was buying gifts and showing appreciation. She was good at that, it was easier.

"I may have been a little excited," she murmured and Jimin stood up and wrapped her in a hug. "I know I'll love every single one of them." He kissed her forehead and stared down at her lovingly. Jane felt her cheeks heat up and she clapped her hands together. "Okay! So! I have a special present for you. One that you can open today. The rest have to wait until Christmas." Jimin pouted and Jane kissed his lips before walking away to the bedroom.

Courtesy of Seulki, one of Jane's presents from her was a sheer set of red lingerie. She had bought a Santa hat to go with it and also a cute little bow. Jane slipped it on and felt a little embarrassed. She didn't know why; Jimin had seen her in much less before. She chalked it up to being the first time she was actually dressing up to entice someone.

She placed the bow on the crown of her head and took a deep breath, walking back out to the living room. She cleared her throat at Jimin who was back to shaking the presents in his ear trying to figure out what they were. "Listen I think this one is—oh!" His eyes went wide when they landed on her.

He smirked, walking towards her. "Are you my present today?" He murmured in her ear and she felt goosebumps erupt across her skin. "Just for today." Jimin picked her up, her legs wrapping around his waist as he made his way to the bedroom. He laid her down on the bed and twenty minutes later they were both breathing heavily and coated in a thin sheet of sweat.

Jimin flipped over, throwing an arm across her stomach and kissing the bare skin. "I love you," he murmured and Jane smiled, gently scratching the top of his head. "I love you too. Did you like your present?" She teased and Jimin smiled tiredly up at her, capturing her lips in a quick kiss before laying back down on her stomach.

"The best Christmas present I think I've ever had."