The Talk

Monsta X gives Jane and intervention

Jane groaned as she woke up, head pounding and stomach threatening to spill out whatever was left in her stomach, which isn't much. She threw the covers over her face, trying to sleep her hangover off. She was almost back asleep before someone tugged the covers off of her and she sat up to meet Kihyun's stern gaze. "Get up. We need to talk."

She sighed, knowing she couldn't argue. She worried them all yesterday, got wasted and threw up for at least an hour when she got home. She made a mental note to call Seulki later on and apologize for her behavior. She dragged herself out of her bed and too the kitchen where Kihyun placed a cup of coffee in front of her and some food. "Eat." She said coolly and Jane sighed, eating the food. "Thank you," she murmured.

"Care to tell me why it was a great idea to get drunk last night? And not tell anyone where you were?" Kihyun said after a few moments, leaning against the counter and crossed his arms. Jane sighed again, looking down and her almost empty plate. "I don't have a good reason." Kihyun sighed in frustration, picking his words carefully.

"Jane-ah. Look at me." She hesitantly raised her head, ignoring how the lights on the ceiling made her head pound more. "I—I know you're struggling. I know this isn't easy. I know it's a lot. But we all are to. I just need to know, that you're going to be okay and last night didn't show me that you will be." Jane's shoulders slumped and she ran her hands through her tangled hair. "I-I'm not okay, oppa." She said, cursing the hot liquid she felt in her eyes.

Kihyun sighed, leaning on the counter and lifted her chin up to meet his eyes. "I know." Her lip quivered and she took in a shaky breath. She was so tired of crying. "I—I know that this is hard for everyone. I do. I just. My mom left my dad and I when I was little. And I'm just feeling abandoned. It's stupid." She pulled away, shaking her head and wincing when it made her head pound harder.

Kihyun sighed, placing his chin in his hands. "You're not abandoned, Jane-ah. We're all still here. We'll get through this; but you need to be there with us. We can't do it alone and neither can you." She nodded her head. She knew that, she just couldn't pull herself out of the hole. "I feel like I'm sinking, oppa." She said quietly and Kihyun didn't say anything, waiting for her to continue.

"There's this emptiness in my chest and it won't go away. It's dark all around and there's no one there to pull me out. Or help me out. And if you want me to be honest, I don't know if I want anyone to." Kihyun bit his cheek, taking her words in. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Whether you want to or not, I'm going to. Even if you kill me." She chuckled and Kihyun sighed, seeing a smile on her face for the first time in what felt like months. "Deal."

Things seemed to get a little better. Jane made more of an effort to stay out of her room and engage with the boys when they were at the dorm; she didn't turn down offers from them to run to the store or just go for a walk, she did her best not to shut people out. She promised Hyungwon, Shownu and Kihyun that she'd never drink tequila again, at least not the whole bottle on her own.

She was doing okay, she was getting by. She had accepted what had happened the past few months and was ready to fight whatever the following months had to offer. She was taking her medicine regularly again which was helping drastically with her aches and pains. She was currently at the practice studio, just running through random dances and she smiled to herself; chastising for ever stopping.

She didn't notice the figure leaned against the doorway with a smile on their face, arms crossed and just watching her. "Hey you," he spoke and she jumped at the voice, turning around with wide eyes and then felt her cheeks heat up in a blush. "Hey, Jimin." She said quietly. He chuckled, walking over to her. "You're dancing." He said and she nodded, smiling softly. "It's kind of part of my job." She teased and Jimin laughed, shaking his head.

"I wanted to see how you were doing and I'm happy that I found you here and not at Seulki's apartment trying to break her phone." He teased and Jane laughed, looking to the floor. "Sorry about that," she said, feeling embarrassed that he had seen her in that state. "It was just a hard time and I just hit rock bottom. But I apologized to Seulki and we're okay and I'm sorry you had to see that." She closed her mouth, realizing she was starting to babble.

Jimin smiled, cupping her cheek in his hand and kissing her sweaty forehead. "I found it quiet endearing. Do you always get so clingy when you're drunk?" He joked, raising his eyebrows and Jane groaned, lightly pushing him away. "Shut up, Park." He laughed, wrapping his arms around her.

"What do you say we dance the night away?"