Cheer Up

Jane and Minhyuk fluff

Jane sighed and pulled her jacket closer around her. She had woken up after only a few hours of sleep and decided to go sit on the fire escape. It was terribly cold and the wind was picking up but she was welcoming the numbness seeping into her limbs quietly. She was lost in thought that she hadn't heard the window open and Minhyuk sleepily call her name.

"You suck at slumber parties. Who the hell crawls out on the fire escape?" He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and crawled out to sit next to her. "Min," she narrowed her eyes at him. He barely glanced at her, resting his head on her shoulder. "It's freezing out here and you only have a t-shirt and shorts on." He didn't say anything as his body let out a shiver.

"I have slippers on too," he half-whined, picking his foot up to reveal his slippers. Jane only chuckled, unzipping her jacket and trying to wrap it around the two of them. "You're not big enough for your clothes to fit two people." She rolled her eyes at him. "Appreciate the sentiment. I could just let you freeze to death." He scoffed at her with his eyes closed, somehow already back to sleep. "You love me too much to do that."

She pulled him up and he groaned. "It's too cold out here, let's go in." He followed behind her and she made sure to close the window and lock it before joining him on the couch. "Why are you up anyways? You fell asleep before I did." Minhyuk yawned, running his hand over his head. Jane shrugged as she slumped next to him. "I just woke up and couldn't sleep."

It was quiet for a moment before Minhyuk sighed and laid his head on the back of the couch. "You feel it too, huh?" He murmured. Jane only nodded and heard him sigh again. "Why didn't you say anything?" She shrugged, briefly glancing at him. "I didn't want to bring the mood down but everyone seems to be feeling the same thing."

Minhyuk hummed. "Yeah. I think we all didn't want to be a downer. But we're all holding a lot in. Especially I.M-ie. He's been so moody lately." Jane raised a brow. "Really? He hasn't mentioned it to me." Minhyuk nodded, sitting up and leaning against the arm rest. "You're not really here to see it and I doubt he even realizes it."

Jane felt a small pang of guilt hit her heart at his comment but didn't say anything. "Don't feel guilty," he gently nudged her knee with his foot. "We're all really happy for you. Just feels weird. With only six of us being here now. Feels like there's too much room." Jane sighed, deciding not to bite her tongue anymore. "Despite there being eight, right?"

She heard Minhyuk's intake of breath and she bit on her bottom lip. Maybe she should have bit her tongue. "Yeah. Instead of eight. It's. . .empty." His tone was a little rough but it was understandable. They hadn't really talked about anything pertaining to much. They've been really good at keeping themselves busy and distracted. But now it was bubbling up in them.

"You know, I'm glad we had a slumber party." Jane changed the subject and Minhyuk raised his eyebrows. Now he looked annoyed. "Did you? Because from what I remember you fell asleep two minutes after getting in bed." She smiled at him and he narrowed his eyes. "And then drooled all over my pillow and stole more than half the blanket!"

She glared at him, crossing her arms and turning to stare him down head on. "I did not drool on your pillow! And I barely had any blanket! When I woke up you were wrapped in them like a damn cocoon!" Minhyuk only scoffed at her, rolling his eyes. "We were supposed to paint each other's nails and gossip like teenagers but you just went to sleep and stole all my stuff."

Jane got up and stomped away. "Where are you going?!" Minhyuk hissed, not wanting to wake up the others. Jane turned to face him, fists clenched together. "To get the damn nail polish you big baby!" She stomped away, missing the large grin Minhyuk had on his face that he quickly wiped away as she entered back into the living room.

"Black? Really?" He scrunched his nose at the color Jane had come back with. "It's not like we have an array of colors, babo. Changkyun and I only use black so we don't see the dirt under our nails." He only sighed, holding his hand out for her to start and she did.

40 minutes later the two were sitting back on the couch, nails freshly painted as they small talked. "Shownu is gonna be pissed we stayed up so late," Jane said and Minhyuk grunted. "So what? I had fun. I'm feeling much better now." Jane smiled at him, nodding her head. "I'm feeling a little better too. Hey! You know what'll make us feel even more better?"

Minhyuk raised a brow, clearly anticipating what she had schemed in her head. "We can test if that one trick works."

"Which one?"

"The one where you dip someone's hand in water and then they pee themselves."

Minhyuk had a huge grin on his face as he stood up. "Who are we gonna try it on?" Jane thought for a moment before licking her lips and letting an evil grin overtake her. Minhyuk matched her expression and the two spoke at the same time, confirming their first victim.

"Kihyun."