Monsta X Ray: Underwater

Jane doesn't know how to swim

Jane took a deep breath as she stared at the tube floating in the water. "W-we're supposed to get on that?" She said and the staff nodded. Changkyun bumped her. "Just hang on tight. Jooheon and me won't let you fall." She gulped but nodded, plastering a smile on her face. What's the worst that could happen? She had a life vest on, there was plenty of staff on the boat and she was sure that none of her members would let her drown. It was just water after all, nothing could happen. There weren't even sharks here.

She shakily stepped on to the tube, her foot slipping slightly, and she yelped, gripping the handles tightly and squeezing her eyes shut. "You've got this; just move up a little." Wonho said, grabbing her hand and gently pulling her up and turning her around. She breathed out a thanks and adjusted herself, closing her eyes again. They took off without warning and she let out a scream. Changkyun sniggered beside her and if she wasn't scared of falling to her death right then and there she would have very much pushed him off.

Her hands were numb from how tight she gripped the handles but it was hot out and they were getting sweaty and she felt them losing their grip. She knew she was going to fall and was doing everything she could to prepare herself. They hit a wave, sending the tube into the air and everyone screamed and laughed and Jane's grip gave up and she went flying off. She hit the water hard, forgetting to take a breath and came up coughing and struggling to breathe.

"Jane!" She heard Jooheon and Kihyun's panicked voices as the boat circled around. "Are you okay?" Kihyun asked and she nodded, doing her best to keep her face void of the fear she was feeling. "Do you want to keep going? You can go on the boat." Jooheon said she shook her head. "Monbebe want to see us having fun. I'm having fun. I'll keep going." Changkyun and Wonho helped pull her back up on the tube and she made sure to shove her arms through this time.

They stopped to break and eat something, Jane getting up to use the bathroom. She entered the building and was grateful it was empty. She leaned against the wall, letting out a shaky breath and feeling her eyes warm with tears. She scolded herself for feelings this way. Just because she couldn't swim didn't mean the water was going to kill her. They were perfectly safe, there was no way to get all worked up. "Jane?" She saw Jooheon walking towards her, a deep frown on his face. "What's wrong?"

Jane didn't think twice before throwing her body into his and he wrapped his arms around her, rubbing her head. She let a few tears fall and sniffled. "Hey, hey," he cooed, pushing her back a little to see her face. "Were you really that scared?" She nodded, averting her gaze to the floor. "I-I don't know how to s-swim." She stuttered and Jooheon looked at her with wide eyes. "I had no idea. Does anyone know that?" She shook her head, sniffling again. Jooheon pulled her into his arms again and she wrapped her small arms around his waist. "You should've said something, pabo." He said quietly. "We could have figured out something as to why you weren't a part of this episode." She shook her head.

"No, it's stupid. Plus, Monbebe wants to see us having fun." Jooheon frowned and then his face lit up. He grabbed her wrist, dragging her behind him. "Jooheon?" She said, alarmed at how fast he was walking. "Just shut up, I have an idea." She didn't say anything, secretly wondering if he'd finally lost his head. He walked up to where Shownu was eating. "Hyung," he said, pulling Jane to his side. "Jane isn't feeling good. Can she sit the rest of this out? I'll stay with her." Shownu took one look at how Jane wouldn't meet anyone's gaze and her eyes slightly red. "Leader's call. You look terrible. You're out." She looked up, smiling her silent thanks and he nodded.

The rest of the day Jane sat on the beach with Jooheon, occasionally helping him build sandcastles then taking joy in knocking them down as soon as he declared it was almost done. "You're lucky you don't how to swim or I would've thrown into that water a million times." He said with a pout, packing more sand into the bucket. She giggled, shaking her head. "You're such a child." He shrugged, not caring. He was having fun and he wasn't going to let Jane ruin that. "I need more water. DON'T GO NEAR IT!" He shouted at her as he took the bucket and ran towards the water.

Jane grinned evilly and as soon as he turned his back, she flopped herself on top of his perfectly built sandcastle. "YAH!" Jooheon ran towards her and she rolled off, pushing herself up and ran for her life. Unfortunately, Jooheon had longer legs and caught up to her pretty quick. He dumped the bucket of water on her and she let out a shriek. "I SAID NOT TO TOUCH IT!" He shouted and she glared at him. "I WAS JUST HAVING FUN< DAMMIT!" Kihyun ran up to the two, eyes widening at a soaked Jane in front of him and a very angry looking Jooheon. He stepped between the two. "Calm down, both of you. The cameras are rolling." Jooheon scoffed, ears turning red from irritation. "SHE KNOCKED OVER MY SANDCASTLE HYUNG!"

Kihyun looked back and forth between the two, shocked this was something that they were seriously arguing over. Kihyun narrowed his eyes at Jane. "Apologize." Jane scoffed, crossing her arms but muttered a half-hearted apology. Jooheon wasn't having it and rolled his eyes, walking away. Kihyun pinched the bridge of his nose. "I can't believe you two. Seriously." Jane shrugged, turning to walk back towards everyone.

"You're our mom. You have to believe it."