Always 8

Final post for Baek YunJae

Jane settled happily into the couch in the dorm. Kihyun and Jooheon were currently bickering in the kitchen while making lunch. Shownu had been able to get an hour of time to come and visit everyone. Minhyuk and Changkyun were currently playing some video game on the TV.

Shownu lazily threw an arm behind Jane, a hint of a smile on his face. "They better be treating you right and letting you get adequate rest," she said, "Or I'll go over there right now and put them in their place." Shownu chuckled at her threat. He knew she truly would if he asked her too.

"I'm actually fine, Jane-ah," he answered. "I'm just feeling relaxed is all. It's nice to be around everyone again." Hyungwon was lazily draped over both of their laps, on his phone. "It's been forever since all of us were together," he chimed in, not looking away from the phone screen.

"Not that that's our fault," Jane mumbled bitterly. A loud laugh next to her made her smile and her heart warm. Wonho ruffled her hair and adjusted his glasses. "Stop being bitter. I'm here, just like always. Let's enjoy today, okay? Who knows the next time we're all going to be on the same schedule."

Jane didn't say anything but promised herself to not be too bitter today. The five of them were leaving overseas for tour in a few months if it didn't get postponed again. Wonho would be off doing his own thing and Shownu was still enlisted. It was rare that they were able to see him and were lucky they got today.

Finally, Kihyun and Jooheon brought in an array of side dishes, rice, noodles, ramen, anything they could make with what was available in the dorm they seemed to have made. Jane never understood why they always made so much at first, but when it would all be gone within the first twenty minutes, she never questioned it again.

"Have you all watched your movie?" Wonho asked, slurping some ramen. They shook their heads. "Been too busy to sit down and watch it fully. Plus," Jane sighed, "I doubt they listened to how we wanted it to be or wanted it to go and you did tell me to stop being bitter today."

Changkyun snorted. "I don't think there's ever a day where you're not bitter. It just goes with you. I think I'd be more worried if you woke up one day spouting rainbows and unicorns instead." Jane glared at the boy who only smiled at her, crinkling his eyes.

"Yah, leave her alone," Shownu scolded lightly and Jane let a triumphant smile grace her face. Shownu and Wonho were always on her side, no matter what. Usually. Unless if they felt like teasing her too. "You need to eat before it gets cold, YunJae," Kihyun scolded, pushing a bowl of noodles towards her.

She rolled her eyes at the nagging but picked it up and started eating anyways. Kihyun and Jooheon always knew how to make the food taste just perfect for all of them individually. Even if it was all made the same way and all together.

"Let's watch it now, I'm curious," Jooheon said in between bites of food. Everyone seemed to agree and Hyungwon quickly had it pulled up on the TV screen and was pressing play. Jane chanced a side glance at Wonho, hoping to be discreet about it but he caught her and winked.

"It's fine, baby, really." He pulled her to his side and even though she pretended it was too close, she didn't really try to pull away. The main reason Jane didn't want to see it was because they hadn't let them talk about Wonho or their journey as eight. Wonho was an important part of the group for many, many years. Jane didn't feel like it was fair that even if he couldn't be in it that they couldn't talk about it.

"Did they really make you wear that bow on your head?!" Minhyuk laughed, pointing at the screen where Jane was answering one of the questions the producer had asked her. She scowled. That stupid bright pink bow. She had did everything she could to not have to wear it.

"The stylist said it was cute and literally chased me around until she was able to pin it in my hair. I think she just wanted to torture me." Minhyuk was still laughing. "We did say we wanted to show a whole completely new side to Monbebe." She threw a throw pillow at him but he caught it while still laughing.

"I can't believe you didn't melt or explode with that color on you. Do you remember how hard it was to get her to wear the white jumpsuit, hyung?" Minhyuk looked towards Shownu who was currently trying to hold back his amusement and nodded.

"I really thought that I was going to have to strap her down or something while they fitted her for it," Kihyun teased. Jane rolled her eyes, sinking deeper into Wonho's side. "I'd rather wear the white jumpsuit than stupid pink bows," she mumbled bitterly.

"Told she couldn't go a few minutes without being bitter," Changkyun chimed in. Jane scowled at all of them. They seemed to forget the movie was on as they all went around and kept teasing her or reminiscing old memories.

Eventually, she let a hint of smile show as she listened and chimed in with her own stories here and there. It had been a hard few years. It hadn't really gotten any easier the longer they continued this career, but thinking back to how it was before the debuted and right after.

To remembering the issues and other hardships as time went on to where they were now. Of course, there were much more happy memories than there were bad. They all seemed to focus more on the bad ones though because it taught them to be strong and to keep going; even if it seemed the world was against you.

The bad ones were the ones that always seemed to bring them all closer together. Jane laughed as Changkyun recounted about when she had broken his nose and complained about how he still has a slight bump in the middle of it because of it.

All eight of them were together, finally. It didn't happen often anymore. Everyone was busy and with enlistments happening and coming up it would be a while before all eight—even seven—of them could be together like this again.

Jane didn't worry to much about that though. There would always be a time and a place for all of them to do this again.

They would always be eight, even in the next life.