No.Mercy: Monsta X

The final 8 members are chosen

Jane stood under the lights, visibly shaking. She was sweating from nerves. She never once thought she would make it past the first mission and yet here she was, after the final mission, waiting for the final eight members to be announced. Sure, she was nervous, but she still wasn't expecting to get picked. Starship had already said they wanted to debut a boy group and she was very clearly not a boy. It broke her heart to have to watch her friends' debut before her, but she was happy for them and rooting for them.

She held her breath as she heard K.Will start to announce the final line up. "The first trainee to debut is," she closed her eyes. She hated when they paused for dramatic effect, but she was so sure she was going to throw up right then and there. "Jooheon." Jane opened her eyes, clapping for him. She knew he would be one of the first few called; he was amazing, and he never gave up no matter how tired or stressed he was. In her opinion, Jooheon and Changkyun deserved it more than anyone in their group. She took a deep breath as the second member was announced. "Shownu." Jane clapped again, not caring that she was the only one clapping. Even if she wasn't in the final lineup, she was going to be happy for her friends.

K.Will announced the next few members, Kihyun, Hyungwon, and Wonho. She cheered and clapped when Changkyun was announced. Tears formed in her eyes as Minhyuk was announced, but she clapped, nonetheless. She knew GunHee was going to be called next, there was only two rappers so far in the lineup. She was very much aware that she was there just to boost the shows ratings, but it hurt a little bit. She had been working hard for years to debut and to know that she really is only good for ratings hurt her self-confidence a little. However, she did her best to hold back the tears and plaster a smile on her face. Changkyun and Jooheon gave her a slight smile over their shoulders, returning their gazes to the floor.

"And the final member is," Jane closed her eyes and clasped her hands together, squeezing them together until her knuckles turned white. She held her breath and could no longer control her shaking. She had been rejected so many times before one would think she'd be used to it by now; but it all hurt the same every single time. To know she was nothing more than something to look at, to know that her skills still weren't enough to achieve her dreams. She had started to believe they never would be. "YunJae." Jane's eyes snapped open, mouth hanging wide open. There was no holding the tears back anymore. She held her head down as she walked forward and stepped up next to Changkyun. He quickly grabbed her hand, squeezing it.

Jane was so happy, finally able to debut. She is good enough to debut. But her heart was heavy at the two they were saying goodbye too. They said their goodbyes, walking off the stage and Jane cried a little harder, squeezing Changkyun's hand harder. He winced a little but made no attempt at letting go. Everyone said a few words but Jane had to pass, she couldn't control her voice or her emotions to speak, only muttering a small apology and thank you. Hyolyn spoke into the mic "look at each other." Jane briefly glanced around her, looking at her now new members. "There is going to be much more hardship once you debut, this is your team. You need to support each other, be there for each other."

All the judges congratulated them again but Jane stayed on her spot, quiet. Once Changkyun let go of her hand, she felt her knees go weak and collapsed on to her spot. Changkyun was next to her in a second, Kihyun on her other side a few moments later. Changkyun gave her a worried look but she shook her head. "I made it. We made it. We're going to debut." Kihyun and Changkyun chuckled. "Of course we are you pabo. That's what this whole show was about." Changkyun said, ruffling her dark hair.

Wonho ran up, having Jane climb on his back and then started following everyone off the stage. "We really did it, oppa." Wonho smiled softly, readjusting her on his back. "We did, Jane. We're going to be the biggest name out there." She giggled, nestling her head into the crook of his neck. "Jane-ah!" Minhyuk yelled out of nowhere, suddenly beside her and Wonho. She looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "I don't think I've ever seen you show so many emotions before!" Jane snorted, rolling her eyes. "It's nice to know you're not a robot and capable of having human emotions." Jane glared at him as Jooheon laughed. "Maybe she just doesn't like you. She always tells me she loves me."

Minhyuk feigned hurt and Jane laughed. "That can't be true? Right, Jane?!" Minhyuk exclaimed, looking at her with wide, teary eyes. Jane shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe." Minhyuk scoffed, walking away and Jooheon laughed. Jane was happy, excited and grateful. All her hard work had finally paid off. And she was going to debut with the people she loved more than anything else in the world, besides her father.

Hello, I'm Jane, 8th member of Monsta X.