JTCOM: Hyungwon

Jane taking care of members

Jane would be the first one to tell anyone that she isn't the most cuddliest person in the world. Nor does she enjoy skin ship that much. She also would be the first to admit that except for a select few, it was a rare occurrence when she'd shoe any type of skin ship to anyone, her members included.

She's aware that her reputation amongst the fans is being one with resting bitch face; the "cold" one. Some fans have even gone as far to say that she doesn't care for her members at all and is just plays nice to save face. Jane never let it bother her though. Behind closed doors, she knew her members knew how much she cared for them.

They were her family, her brothers. She loved them with all the love she had in her. She took care of them silently, always observing. She'd noticed when one of them wasn't feeling their best, notice when one of them was struggling either physically or mentally. She was quiet, but observant. And she would do whatever she could to support and be there for her brothers, no matter the cost.

It wasn't a secret to Hyungwon that the main reason he was picked to be in Starships new boy group was because he was pretty. Sure, they had complimented his dancing skills and liked his vocals, but he was always aware that it was his looks that landed him the position it did.

Jane knew that it bothered him that that's all they seemed to see. She also hated the fact that their own company couldn't give him credit where it was due. He was an amazing dancer and while she had been dancing since she could remember, she knew Hyungwon was a million times more talented at it than her.

He'd stay behind during No.Mercy to help the other trainees learn the dance, stayed later at practices so that he and Jane could run through the same number a million times just so she was sure that she had it down. And him too. They piggybacked off each other a lot and it made her feel comfortable.

He came up or helped with most of the choreography for their albums and title songs. He even helped write a few of them here and there though that wasn't his main goal. He really just wanted to sing and dance. Jane knew that it was always in the back of his mind and she hated how much it made him criticize his other skills.

"I messed up there. Let's do it again." He said one night after a particularly grueling practice. He had wanted to stay late, claiming he hadn't gotten it down perfect like he wanted. Jane thought it was a downright lie but she offered to stay with him. She monitored him and recorded for him. He really hadn't gotten anything wrong. Except maybe the bags under his eyes that only told her he would make a mistake if he didn't get some sleep.

"Wonn-ie, it's fine. You did it perfectly!" She said and he shook his head, playing the music again. This time, he collapsed on the floor. Way too tired to stand back up and his legs were hurting. He was a sweaty mess and had barely eaten anything since this morning. Feeling dizzy and overworked had become a norm for him.

Jane sighed, kneeling down next to him. "We can come early tomorrow, I promise. I'll wake you up. Please, oppa. Let's just go eat and sleep." She had thrown his arm around her shoulder, helping him up. Hyungwon always appreciated this because Jane was not one that enjoyed touch, no matter the kind. Yet, she was always here when he stayed late to pick him up and help him hobble home.

It was also no secret that Hyungwon loved to sleep. Jane was sure that he loved that more than dancing, almost. He could fall asleep anywhere, no matter the noise level around him or what was going on around him. She had always admired him for that because she tended to toss and turn and naps weren't a thing her body was accustomed too.

Waking him up was the hard part. They all hated to wake him up; he barely budged and it usually took Kihyun throwing or hitting with him pillows and other things before he finally even peaked an eye open. Jane, however, had learned a secret way. Pulling his hair. He had a sensitive scalp so, if she would just yank his hair (as gently as she could) a few times, he'd be up in an instant. She'd never tell the others though because they'd surely just do it to tease him.

But it quickly became common for Jane to tell the others she'd wake him up, only for them to be found sleeping soundly together in his bunk or on the couch a few minutes later. Trying to wake both a sleeping Hyungwon and Jane up? A nearly impossible task. If they were waiting to go on stage, they'd often wonder if it was just easier to do it without them. Of course, they always got them up somehow.

While Hyungwon was extremely good looking, Jane made sure to let him be aware that he had other skills and was amazing at them. She was constantly hyping up his performances and dance covers on YouTube on her V-lives. In concerts, she was always the first one to compliment how good he did and have Monbebe scream it out.

Nothing beat the smile that would beam on his face as he would look at the crowd. Jane would smile herself too, but she always seemed to miss the adoring look he'd give her right after. Smiling wide with soft eyes. This was the girl who liked to play cold, yet probably had the warmest heart he knew.

This was his family, his sister. And he'd pray every night that he'd be blessed with her in his next life.