Together Again

The boys come to give Jane support

Jane unwrapped her hair from her towel and sighed. Shownu and herself had talked to her father's doctor and finally got all the information they needed. Though, with what she had overheard from Shownu and her dad talking, she was happy to know he was at least honest with him.

The prognosis didn't look good. His kidneys and liver were failing and there wasn't much more they could do but make him comfortable. Still trying to wrap her head around that wasn't easy and anyone could tell she was in a state of denial at the moment.

The two of them had gone back to the hotel and she had somewhat calmed down. At least she wasn't sobbing her eyes out right now. She just wanted to be alone and curl into a ball as she just needed time to process everything and figure out next steps. Just as she sat down with all the thoughts swirling around her brain, there was a knock at her door.

She groaned, opening it without looking through the peephole. Shownu had been checking on her every 15 minutes on the dot without rest. "Shownu I told—oh. It's you." She turned around and walked back in her room, sitting on her bed. Changkyun chuckled as he closed the door behind him.

"Nice to see you too," he teased but she didn't say anything. He sighed, grabbing the blow dryer from the bathroom and sitting down next to her. "What're you doing?" She asked and he pulled her back to him gently. "Drying your hair, babo. You're going to get sick with it dripping wet." She didn't fight him or retort anything, just let him dry her hair.

"Wait!" It had finally clicked in her head that Changkyun was here, in her room. "Why are you here?! You have an album coming out! You should be working on it!" He smiled at her and shook his head. "You need me more, YunJae. An album can wait. It can be pushed back if it needs too. You come first. You need us." She raised a brow, eyes widening.

"Us?" Changkyun nodded his head. "Everyone's here but Kihyun hyung said it was probably best not to bombard you. Since I'm your best friend, I had to come." That got her to smile just a little bit. "Well, thank you. You all didn't need to come though. Now I feel bad." Changkyun smacked her shoulder and she glared at him.

"Do you even hear yourself?! You're dumb. Of course, we were going to come! He's our dad just as much as yours. And you're our sister, our family. Now, shut up and let's order some food. Everyone is going to come here anyways." She couldn't say no and honestly, she didn't want to. Being alone right now wasn't something she truly wanted. She needed distraction.

So, as she finished her nighttime routine, Changkyun had texted everyone to come to her room and ordered an abundance of food. "How did you even pay for all of this?!" She hissed when she saw all the food. Minhyuk pulled her down into his lap. "Shut up and eat. It's the company card. We can't leave evidence." She went to say something but he shoved some food into her mouth.

She settled in comfortable on his lap and just listened as they all talked and joked around. This is what she needed; the distraction. While she still felt bad that they had all left home just for her, she was happy they were all here. "Yah! You're drooling on me!" Minhyuk gently shook her and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Get some sleep, YunJae. We can talk more tomorrow, yeah?" Jooheon suggested and Jane nodded, letting Minhyuk lift her into bed while Jooheon pulled the covers over her and kissed her temple. "Love you," he murmured and she grunted in response. They all quietly left and Jane was just about to fall asleep completely when she heard a knock at her door.

She groaned, getting up and throwing the door open. "What did you for—oh." Her eyes went wide at the man in front of her. He sent her a sheepish smile and opened his arms. "Sorry, I'm a little late. But I figured you could use a hug right now. And maybe a sleepover. It's been a while since we've had one of those."

She threw herself into his arms and he carried back to her bed, snuggling in next to her. "Don't you have a comeback coming?" He chuckled and patted her head. "Don't worry about that. The comeback can wait." She snorted and wrapped her small frame around his arm. "Changkyun said something similar earlier."

He laughed, freeing his arm and wrapping it around her and pulling her closer to his side. "Well, if we've all been friends this long and haven't picked up some of the same traits I might be a little worried." She giggled a little, feeling comfortable and sleepy. She kissed his cheek. "Thanks for coming, Wonho. I missed you." He kissed the top of her head and smiled.

"I missed you all too."