Doctor

The boys accompany Jane to the doctor

Jane sighed as she sat back in the plastic chair. She peeked an eye open, noticing how the mom across the room was eyeing her cautiously and she laughed a little. She probably looked ridiculous. 7 grown men were surrounding her, some of them being louder than others. Jooheon and Changkyun were playing with the kids toys that were meant for the kids and Jane rolled her eyes.

Minhyuk was coming up with a game for them to play with the toys. "Aren't you guys a little old to be playing with toys?" Jane asked and Minhyuk scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Don't knock us down for knowing how to have fun." Jane snorted, closing her eyes for a few moments until she heard her name called. She jumped up, the 7 other people jumping up with her. The nurses eyes widened for a brief moment before she smiled. "We can only take two back."

Jane sighed, turning around and Shownu was already at her side. "I'm going." Jane smiled, she had wanted him to come. He was their leader and he was able to keep calm and Jane was going to need that. "I'm going." Hyungwon said, moving to her other side and Jane sighed again. The two calmest people were the best choices and exactly who she wanted to come. "But I'm her favorite!" Changkyun whined and the others made sounds of protest.

"Yah! Yah!" Shownu said, louder than normal and they all groaned, going back to their original spots as Jane turned around, apologizing for her members. The nurse laughed it off, taking her weight and she saw Shownu frown. She had lost some; well, a little more than some. The nurse brought them to a room, promising the doctor would be in shortly.

"You lost weight." Shownu said as the door closed, and Jane shrugged. "I eat just fine."

"She's always sleeping." Hyungwon chimed in and Jane sighed again. She really was. Or she was in too much pain to want to get up. "I think that just means we go for Korean BBQ when we leave here." Shownu said with a bright smile and Jane chuckled. "That would be nice."

There was a knock at the door and Jane sat up straighter. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't nervous; the worst case scenarios running through her head. A small, old man walked in, shaking everyone's hand. "Tell me what's been going on." He asked Jane with a smile and she took a breath. "I've been really tired, lately. Like, more than normal. I just want to sleep and I can sleep for hours but I still wake up feeling tired. And my muscles have been hurting me; not bad." She said in one breath and the doctor hummed.

Shownu sighed, turning to face the doctor. "It's been about two weeks since this has happened. She's not just tired, she's lethargic. Sometimes she can barely get energy to leave her bed or eat. And the aches and pains are worse than what she says. Sometimes she has to stop dancing just to give her body a break." Jane was happy Shownu was there because she was too nervous to think of words.

"The sun too," Hyungwon said, looking at the doctor. "Well, not just the sun. Sometimes lights. It hurts her eyes. She's been taking all our sunglasses every time we go out or if the lights too bright. And she gets at least one or two headaches a day." The doctor hummed, placing writing some stuff down on his notepad. "I want to run some blood tests, it will only take a minute." He said and Jane nodded. She hated needles.

The doctor walked out and Jane started panicking. "Oh god. What if it's cancer?" Hyungwon raised his eyebrow. "What are you talking about? He hasn't even said anything yet." Jane ignored him or simply was panicking to much to hear him. "Cancer. Or some deadly disease they know nothing about. There's not gonna be a cure. What if I can't dance anymore?! What if he says I can't be an idol anymore?! Oh god, what if they have to cut my legs off?!"

Shownu jumped up, trapping her face in his hands and forcing her to look at him. "Jane-ah," he said, calmly and she looked at him, thoughts still racing. "Shut up." He said and she rolled her eyes and he chuckled, taking her hand. "We don't know anything yet, let's get the tests done and then see what he says, okay?" She nodded, Shownu was right.

The nurse came back in, quickly and painlessly taking some vials of Jane's blood and then the waiting game ensued. Jane was bouncing her leg up and down and when that wasn't enough, she started pacing around the room. Hyungwon's eyes followed her and eventually, he was getting dizzy watching her walk back and forth and he grabbed her wrist, pulling her down on his lap and nuzzled his face into her neck. "Calm down, crazy. Whatever it is, we'll handle it."

She took a deep breath, feeling comfort in Hyungwon's grasp and then she jumped up as there was another knock on the door. The doctor walked back in, smiling. "Good news and bad news." He said and Jane held her breath. "Good news is, we know what it is and can treat it. Bad news, it's not curable, but it is manageable." Jane bit her tongue. Not curable? Isn't it possible for cancer to go away?

"What is it, doc?" Shownu asked and the doctor smiled. "Lupus, an aggressive form." Jane raised her eyebrows. "Lupus?" The doctor smiled, patting her arm. "Your immune system is attacking your joints as if they were invaders, which is why they've been hurting. Your body is basically attacking itself. Like I said, it's not curable right now, but it is manageable with medicine." She nodded and then shut her ears off. She wasn't dying, that was good. But she did have an incurable disease that could possibly affect her whole career.

The doctor informed Shownu he had already sent their manager the prescriptions and that she'd have to have regular follow-ups to check on progress or decline. Shownu thanked him and Hyungwon gently nudged her to stand up, which she did, on shaky legs. Shownu wrapped an arm around her waist, holding tight. "Jane, you're fine. It's manageable." She nodded once, eyes straight ahead. "But not curable."

Hyungwon sighed, shaking his head and opening the door. "Not yet, it's not. But we can manage it, Jane. It's not going to end your life or your career." She looked up at him as Shownu gently pulled her towards the door and back to the waiting room. "Promise?" She asked and Hyungwon gave her a nod and a smile. However, that all went out the drain as soon as they entered the waiting room and the other members started asking what was wrong.

"I'M DYING!" Jane wailed, forgetting there was other people in there who looked at her in shock and horror as Changkyun wrapped his arms around her, panic clear on his face. Shownu humbly apologized to everyone, pushing everyone out the door. "Your not dying, dammit!" Hyungwon hissed and everyone looked at him, clearly confused. He explained what the doctor said and Kihyun sighed in relief, hitting Jane on the head.

"You idiot! Don't do that to us!" She sniffled, apologizing softly. Jooheon chuckled, coming to her side and wrapping his arm around her. "You nearly killed all of us with your theatrics." He teased and she rolled her eyes, turning to Shownu. "Oppa, can we please go eat? I'm hungry." Shownu chuckled, opening the door to the van.

"Of course we can, baby.  Since you're dying and all."