Worries

Jane tells Monsta X she's moving out

"Can I talk to you all?" Jane asked, fidgeting with her fingers. Kihyun raised an eyebrow, shooting Changkyun a look but he just shrugged. "When have you ever not been able too?" Minhyuk teased and she rolled her eyes. "Whenever you open your mouth." Minhyuk narrowed his eyes at her but Shownu just chuckled, shaking his head. "What's up, Jane-ah?"

"Okay, well you all know that I've been dating Jimin for a while now." They all nodded slowly. "Oh god, you're pregnant. That's what you're about to tell us." Minhyuk dramatically said. "I want to be godfather!" Jooheon shouted and Changkyun slapped his shoulder. "I'm the best friend, I get to be godfather!"

Jane groaned. "All of you shush! I'm not pregnant, but if I was—neither of you would be godfather. It'd be Shownu." They both let their mouths fall open in shock and Shownu just smiled smugly. "Then what is it? Did he propose?! Without asking us first!?" Minhyuk said and Jane threw her bread at him. "Yah!"

"Can you just let her talk, Minhyuk-ie," Kihyun said and Minhyuk grumbled, crossing his arms. "He asked me to move in with him. And I said yes." It was silent—dead silent. She squirmed in her chair, feeling six pairs of eyes all trained on her. "I'll still c-come home from time to time, but I'll spend most of my time there. But I'm still going to be here for you all. Always."

Shownu sighed but patted her knee. "If it makes you happy. But the second you're late for practice you come back." She smiled, chuckling. "Of course." The others didn't say anything, still staring at her like they couldn't believe it. "Who thought you'd have a normal relationship out of all of us." Minhyuk said and Jane growled. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, you're dark and dreary. I'd expect you to be with someone like well—Changkyun." Changkyun and her both glared at him while the others snickered. Kihyun however looked a little upset. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" He asked and Jane cocked her head to the side. "Why wouldn't it be? Oppa, I'll still come home, I'll still be here. Just—most of my things will be at his place—well, our place. I'll still stay here when I'm too tired or just missing you all."

"What about when you get sick? When you aren't feeling good? There's always one of us here to help you. He's busy. How is he going to be able to do that? Does he even know about it?" Jane bit her bottom lip. She had already thought about that, but she didn't need to be doted on just because she wasn't feeling like she had a lot of energy.

"He knows. And I'll be alright. You're all welcome over anytime, too. But I'll be okay. I know to take my meds and eat properly and drink water." Kihyun shook his head, still in disbelief. "I don't think it's a good idea. What if you pass out because you're sick and he's not home? Then what?" Her shoulders slumped a little. Of all people, she didn't think Kihyun would be the one to oppose the idea.

"I mean, he has a point, Jane." Minhyuk said quietly. "I'm not just saying that because I'll miss teasing you and annoying you, either." He added with a wink and she just let out a weak smile. "Like him, I'm just genuinely worried. Does he know how bad it can get? Does he know what to do?"

"I mean—we all keep an extra stash of your meds in our bags and on us at all times just in case. And extra snacks." Hyungwon said and Jane smiled, feeling her heart swell with how much they all cared about her. "He knows. He hasn't seen it, but I've told him. I promise, I'd let one of you know the minute I feel like it's too bad and he's not around."

Kihyun sighed, slumped down in his chair. "Does this mean you're leaving?" She looked at him with wide eyes, almost wanting to jump across the table and smack him across the face. "Excuse me?! I am not leaving! I never would do that. I'm just taking the next steps in my relationship. I'm here for as long as you'll all have me." Kihyun held his hands up, muttering an apology. "Sorry. My head is in overdrive."

She smiled softly, kicking his shin gently under the table. "Hey, I'll be okay, oppa. We'll be okay. And like I said, you're all welcome over whenever you want. Just let me know first in case—ya know—we're doing adult things." Hyungwon choked on his water and Jooheon slapped his back. "I don't want to ever you hear say that again."

Jane laughed, shaking her head. "Can we help decorate?!" Jooheon asked and Jane raised an eyebrow. "There's nothing to decorate?" Jooheon shook his head, holding his hand up to keep her from talking. "It's your place now too. We have to decorate it exactly how you want it." Changkyun hummed in response, a smirk playing on his lips. "Happy wife, happy life."

"We're not married!" Shownu chuckled, shaking his head. "We can get new curtains and maybe we can paint the bedroom! You know, something subtle and lovely to help you to get in the mood." Jooheon wiggled his eyebrows and Jane groaned, placing her head down on the table. Jooheon and Changkyun were now animatedly talking about home remodeling and had roped Hyungwon and Minhyuk into it as well.

Shownu patted her head, smiling and turning his eyes into crescents. "I don't know why you expected anything less from them." She groaned again and Shownu just chuckled, going back to his food. "By the way, I'm really happy for you." She smiled at him, sitting back up and still trying to tune out all of Jooheon's plans for her new home.

"Me too, oppa. Me too."