Duo

Changkyun surprises Jane

"I come bearing gifts!" Jane held up her hands that contained a bag of fatty food and two coffees. I.M smiled at her, jumping up and grabbing both coffees. "I really needed this!" He proceeded to sip from both straws at the same time. Jane narrowed her eyes at him.

"What do you think you're doing?" I.M only grinned at her. "I was really tired. The more caffeine the better." She snatched her coffee from his hand, still glaring at him. "This is mine. If you want my help, I need caffeine too." He only stuck his tongue at her, sitting back down and going through the bag of food.

"You remembered all my favorites?" He looked up at her with puppy eyes and she rolled hers, sitting down in the extra chair. "I've known you for years, babo. You really think I'd forget?" He only shrugged, scarfing down some pork. "You don't come around anymore." She frowned. She was really tired of hearing that.

"You know, all of you were perfectly fine with me moving out when I brought it up. Now it's a big deal all of a sudden." Changkyun met her gaze for a minute, not saying anything. Whatever he wanted to say he decided against it and turned back to his computer. Jane bit the inside of her cheek. If he knew her, he knew she wasn't leaving today until he spat it out.

"So, a little birdy told me that someone's thinking of going solo?" She teased and Changkyun choked on his coffee. Coughing and wiping his mouth he looked at her. "I'm not going solo. I'm still Monsta X. It's just my own mixtape. Sort of." She raised a brow. "I was just joking, Kyun. I know that. What do you mean sort of?"

He shrugged and Jane sighed. She could see what Minhyuk meant by him being moody lately now. "I just mean, other people are helping me put it together. It's not all me." She chuckled, patting his shoulder. "But you wrote it all, right? And came up with the theme and beats? And it's only you on it, right?" He leaned back in his chair, turning towards her.

"I mean, yeah. Others helped. And no. I don't think I'll be the only one on it." She shot her legs out to rest on top of his. He didn't object. "Kyun, you know well as anyone that people always help. You don't have to do it all on your own. Plus, who else is going to be on it?! Shownu? Minhyuk? Hyungwon? You two have gotten closer lately."

Changkyun only offered her a faint smile while shaking his head. "I was hoping that, well, it could be you." Jane's eyes went a little wide and she looked at him for any signs of joking or prank. She had never considered doing something outside of the group musically.

She had debuted with them, they were her family. The only family she had outside of her father. She had never even considered doing something on her own without them. She didn't want the limelight to be just on her. Plus, she wasn't exactly sure that she had the following to be able to do something like that. She wasn't exactly up to Korea's standards.

"Jane? Helllooooo?" Changkyun waved his hand in front of her face and snapped his fingers a few times. She blinked a few times, still staring at him. "Y-you don't have too. I just, I wanted to do something with you. You're the only one out of us that's never done something solo or on your own. Even variety shows."

She cleared her throat and folded her hands in her lap. "I—I don't think I can, Kyun." She averted her gaze to her lap. Changkyun raised a brow, patting her knee that was draped over his. It wasn't like Jane to let her 'bad girl' façade drop, even in front of him. She was always showing indifference or that nonchalance that Changkyun wondered sometimes if she even let little things affect her.

Being her best friend though, he knew better. Of course, little things did. She just hid it well. He squeezed her knee gently and she looked back at him. "Hey, talk to me, YunJae. I'm listening." She took in a sharp breath before answering him. "I just—I've never done something outside of the group."

He nodded with a smile. "I know. We all know. This was actually Shownu's idea more than mine, but I like it. They all want you to put yourself out there more." He stared at her as she chewed on her bottom lip. "YunJae-ah, what aren't you saying?" She gave him a pointed look and then a weak smile.

"I hate when you do that." He only grinned at her, puffing out his chest. "That's why I'm awarded the title of best friend." She chuckled a little. "I—Kyun, you know that I'm not exactly what Korea would consider beautiful. I don't have the same amount of fans that you all do. I'm a little, different, I guess. I just don't want to bring you any negativity. This is your first solo album; I don't want to ruin it."

"I also don't want to bring a bad look to our group. You all are really all I have." She averted her gaze back to her lap. Changkyun smiled, leaning forward and grabbing her hands. "Yah, look at me." She listened and met his gaze.

"You're beautiful. Amount of fans doesn't matter. As long as you're having fun and doing what you want to do. Our whole group is different, Jane. None of us are normal. You could be the virgin Mary and there's still going to be haters somewhere. Let them bark."

She smiled at him. "You're not going to ruin anything. I want you to be featured on some songs. I want you to explore more of things for you. You deserve to have some things for yourself. It doesn't always have to be us. You know we're all going to have your back, always. No matter what."

She gave his hand a weak squeeze before swinging her legs off of his and turning towards the computer. She looked a little less nervous than before and a little more excited. "Show me what we're working with." Changkyun smiled, turning towards the computer. "By the way," he said as he started to pull up the song and lyrics, "I wouldn't be your friend if you were ugly. It would ruin my image too much."

He winked at her as she shot him a glare and smacked the back of his head.

"YAH!"