Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday to Jane!

Jane laid in her hotel room, ready to go to sleep. They had a long day of promoting their new album and she was utterly exhausted. She settled into the covers. She ordered room service for dinner, the boys telling her they were too tired to go out tonight. She wasn't upset, she was tired too and holing away in her hotel room was a much better idea than having to go out and most likely be surrounded by cameras.

She sat up, taking the fan letters and some of the little gifts she had received at their fan sign today. It was her birthday, and while she knew this year it would most likely pass without celebration due to the promotion, she was still a little down that she wasn't able to spend the day with just her and her boys. She also missed her dad terribly but was happy she had been to vide chat with him earlier in the day. She smiled softly at the kind words in the letters and the cute gifts she had received though she would probably never be caught dead wearing them.

She heard her room door open. "Minhyuk? Is that you?" She asked. Her and Minhyuk were sharing the room together but he had said he needed to go speak with their manager before getting some rest. There was no response and as she pushed the covers back to stand up, the lights went out. She panicked slightly until their manager, some staff and her boys all walked in with a cake and brightly lit candle. "Happy birthday to you!" They sang and she smiled brightly, laughing a little.

She blew out the candle, wiping her finger over the frosting and licking it. "Yah! Let me cut it!" Kihyun said, pulling the cake away and setting it on the table. "You all really didn't have to do this." She said, but her insides were full of happiness. "Of course we did, it's your birthday!" Minhyuk said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and kissing her temple. She leaned into his touch, probably the only time of year she'd ever let Minhyuk kiss her.

"Here. We got this for you." Hyunwoo said, holding out a small black gift bag. Jane shook her head, pushing it away. "No! I don't need anything. The cake is enough." Changkyun chuckled and Jooheon rolled his eyes, grabbing the bag out of Hyunwoo's hand and holding it towards her. "Just shut up and open it, Jane-ah." He said and she scoffed but took the bag, carefully pulling out the small amount of tissue paper.

She opened the small black box, her eyes tearing up when she saw the necklace. It was an onyx gem, so dark that it almost looked black attached to a silver chain. "We just wanted to get you a little something. Sorry we couldn't do more." Hyunwoo said, rubbing the back of his neck. She laughed, opening her arms. "This is more than enough. Group hug?" She asked and the others looked at her with wide eyes.

"The Jane Baek wants a hug? From all of us? At once?!" Minhyuk said, placing his hands on his cheeks and opening his mouth wide. She rolled her eyes but smiled, waving them all over. "Hurry up before I change my mind." They all pounced on her, causing them all to fall over on the bed and Jane laughed.

"Happy birthday, baby." Hyunwoo said and she smiled. It wasn't much, but the mere fact that they had even gone out of their way to get her a cake and small gift was enough for her.

"It really is a happy birthday."