Decisions

Jimin asks Jane to come home

Jane smiled and closed her eyes as she leaned against Jimin's chest. Kissing the top of her head, he wrapped his arms a little tighter around her.

"How are you doing?" He said quietly. Jane leaned her head back and smiled at him. "Better. Much better." The relief Jimin felt flood his body was huge. He had been coming by her dorm any chance he could get.

He wished there was more he could have done for her, but there wasn't much he could do. She just needed someone by her side and Jimin was happy to be that person. The past few weeks he had been feeling a little lonely though.

He was busy and working, but coming home to an empty apartment, sleeping in an empty bed wasn't something he was particularly fond of. He wanted her to come home, but he didn't want to pressure her. He could wait until she was ready.

"I saw you guys have another new song coming out," she teased lightly and he chuckled. "We do. In a few weeks. I'm excited." Smiling, she pecked his lips and readjusted to be more comfy.

"You best be taking care of yourself Park Jimin," she scolded. Other than his members, Jane knew how hard Jimin worked for every new release, every new video, new content to be absolutely perfect. Sometimes that perfection got in the way of him taking care of himself.

"I am, love. Don't worry about me. How'd the rest of your promotions go?" She shrugged. "They were alright. I think I was more tired this time around than any other comeback."

"You had a lot going on," Jimin mused. "You did amazing though. You guys always do amazing. But mostly you. Not that I'm biased or anything," he teased as she laughed.

"I have a question," he said hesitantly. Jane could hear the hesitation in his voice and her heart rate spiked a little. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come home?" Jimin asked. Jane chewed the inside of her cheek. She loved Jimin; she really did. She never thought she would have been able to have feelings like this for anyone in her life. Jimin had proved her wrong.

At the same time—while she loved living together—she hadn't realized how much she missed her boys. She enjoyed living with Jimin and having their own life, but it did get lonely sometimes.

With both of them running to different schedules, both of them were home alone more often than not. One of them falling asleep before the other could return home. She would never hold that against him or anyone else. She worked in the same industry and she knew that a big group—especially one like his—was going to be busy, a lot.

But being back at the dorm the past few months had felt nice. There was always someone there. Always someone to talk to, always someone around. It was closer to her company too. It wasn't that she couldn't come and visit, she could and she had.

Her members were her family though. She had grown up with them. Gone through more hardships than most families and friends with them. Plus, now they were all she really had left. She honestly wasn't sure if she was ready to go back or if she ever would. Not while they were both still in active groups.

"I-I don't know," she stuttered and Jimin sighed. "It's alright. I don't need an answer now. I just wanted to know where your head was at. I miss you," he said quietly, "sleeping alone is a little, well, lonely."

While he was trying to tease and make light of it, Jane could sense the heaviness behind his words. Did she miss him? Of course, she did! Did she miss being able to sleep in the same bed without getting interrupted? Yes. Did she miss coming home to his smiling face and a kiss on the forehead or him wrapping his arms around her waist while she busied herself around the kitchen? Yes.

However, as much as she did miss the little mundane things, she wasn't sure if it was worth it. At least right now. "I miss you too, Ji," she sighed, "But I don't know if I'm ready to come back. Or if I want to."

She sat up and turned to face her lover who looked a little confused. "Being here," she explained, "I realized how much I missed my members. Being around them all the time. I love you, I do."

Her eyes bore into his and she grabbed his hand. "But this is my home, Jimin. This has always been my home."

He smiled sadly at her. "I know, baby. I know. There's no pressure. Just, think about it?" She nodded. "I will."

"I've got to get going, but I'll call you later, okay?" He stood up and she did too, wrapping her arms around his waist and standing on her tiptoes to press a kiss to his lips. He smiled at her. "I love you," he breathed and she hummed in response.

He kissed her forehead and then he left. Jane sat on the couch, mulling through her thoughts. She didn't want to hurt to Jimin and she didn't want to leave him. She knew he just wanted what was best for her, but a relationship was a two-way street. Jimin needed to be just as happy as her.

She hadn't lied to him though.

This was her home.