Going Dark

Little snippet of Jane and Changkyun in their early days

Jane was quietly sipping her coffee as she waited for Shownu and Minhyuk to come back with the food. They had been practicing non-stop for their upcoming debut. Jane couldn't help but be a little anxious about it. Because of No.Mercy, there was already netizens all over bashing them. She wanted it to be perfect just as much as the rest of them did.

Changkyun was quietly sitting in the corner, minding his own business. Jane sighed to herself; she knew he was wanting it to be perfect more than the rest. Netizens had already been shaming him for coming in late on the show and then being able to debut. She, along with the others, didn't think he had anything to prove. He was already amazing and extremely talented. She knew he didn't think that though.

She got up, moving next to him and sitting back down, drinking her coffee without saying a word. Changkyun raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything. It was one of the things Jane loved most about their relationship. Both of them knew when something needed to be said and when the silent support was needed.

"Your eyeliners smudged," he teased, pointing to her eye. Jane looked into he mirror next to her and put her coffee down. It was a little smudged. "Maybe if you didn't wear enough for an Egyptian queen you wouldn't have to worry about looking like a raccoon." Jane glared at him through the mirror before trying to de-smudge it. "Says the one that paints their nails black as night. Weirdo."

A small pout was on his lip as he leaned back against the wall. "I don't like to see the dirt under my nails." She chuckled, shaking her head. "Then wash your hands." He scoffed, crossing his arms. "I do!" Jane just smirked and continued trying to fix her makeup. She knew no one important would be seeing them today, but she was far too tired to deal with Minhyuk's comments when he returned.

"Just let me do it," Changkyun said after her efforts just seemed to make it worse. Jane raised an eyebrow as he walked over to his back and came back with makeup wipes. "You just carry those around?" She asked and he shrugged. "I don't think I need to prove that I'm sanitary." She laughed, hitting his shoulder. "By carrying makeup wipes around?!" He glared at her, flicking her forehead.

"Shut up and let me fix it." She sat still as he gently wiped off the smudged part of her eyeliner. "I don't have eyeliner. You should probably just take it all off." He said and she rolled her eyes, standing up. "I have some." She pulled out the black pencil from her bag and Changkyun chuckled. "Of course the dark princess has eyeliner. Who would've thought?" He teased and for a second, she contemplated pouring the rest of her now cool coffee over his head.

"Do you even know how to do this?" She asked, flinching back when he moved towards her with the pointed tip. He sighed, shaking his head. "You don't trust me at all." She frowned. She trusted him. She trusted all of them. But something about Changkyun trying to draw a straight line on her eyelid with a pointed object didn't sit well in her stomach. "You poke me, I'm shaving your head."

She rolled his eyes, commanding her sit still while he worked his magic. She smirked, closing her eyes and sitting completely still. Shaving his head would be fun if she got the chance to. A few minutes later he loudly announced he was done and Jane looked in the mirror. She was a little surprised; it looked almost perfect as if one of their stylists had done it. "Where'd you learn to do this? I think you're in the wrong line of work, Kyun-ie."

He shrugged, putting the cap back on her makeup and handing it to her before leaning back up against the wall. "My old company didn't have a lot of money. A lot of our makeup we had to do ourselves because they couldn't afford to hire a stylist." Jane frowned. She knew that not being able to debut with his old group saddened him but at the same time, she was secretly grateful because she had found her soulmate.

"Sorry," she murmured and he chuckled, shaking his head. "It's fine, really. I'm happy where I'm at." She nodded, humming in agreement. Minhyuk and Shownu had finally returned and 6 ravenous boys were in the middle of the floor pulling food left and right and shoving it in their mouth. "You think you could paint my nails black too?" Jane said, ignoring the smell of the food.

Changkyun chuckled, standing up and holding out a hand to help her up. "When we get home, promise. We can do face masks too and we'll stop to get your favorite ice cream." She smiled; he really did know her in and out after only a few months. They walked to the food and Minhyuk scoffed with food in his mouth. "The bats finally came out of the cave." Jane glared at him as Changkyun just laughed, reaching for food.

One day—she promised herself—one day, Minhyuk was going to be thrown out the window.