Secrets

Secrets

Jane tells Hyungwon about Seulki

Jane was currently tossing and turning in Hyungwon's bed. The point had been to take a nap but the events from a few days ago with Byeol and Seulki were on her mind. She liked Seulki; she was nice enough. And Byeol was really nice too, but she knew Seulki enough to know that Byeol's comment wasn't going to pass. Not without the possibility of a screaming match or two between her and Hyungwon.

"You're shaking the whole bed. Stop moving." Jane sighed, laying as still as she could but her thoughts kept going. She definitely needed to tell him about the Byeol situation. But what about her health? Sure, Jane and Seulki weren't that close that Seulki divulged all her dreams and sorrows, but anyone with eyes could tell it had been months since Seulki had a proper meal.

Had Hyungwon noticed? Did he even know how bad it's gotten? Probably not. They've been so busy, not just Monsta X, but BTS as well, that there has been no time for anyone to see each other. Despite the random texts throughout the day or random phone call in the middle of the night, none of them had a chance to really just be with one another.

"I can practically hear the gears turning in your head, Jane-ah." Hyungwon groaned. He really just wanted to take a nap; he hadn't slept well last night. Seulki had been a little cold and distant and it had been on his mind all day. "Won-ie, I need to talk to you." She said, sitting up and he sighed, but sat up anyways. She had started a habit of trying to talk to them more and no matter how exhausted he was, he wasn't going to push that away. "Sup?"

She sighed, averting her gaze to the comforter and fidgeting with the hem of her shorts. "It's about Seulki." She said quietly and Hyungwon furrowed his brow. Had something happened? When did they even become friends? Has he seriously not paid attention at all lately? "Go on," he said and Jane squeezed her hands together. "Well—you see—there's really two things." She stuttered out and Hyungwon growled. "Spit it out, YunJae."

Jane narrowed her eyes but calmed herself. "The other day, I went to Seulki's with the other girls for spa day or whatever." Hyungwon nodded, he knew that already. "Well, Byeol was there. And she mentioned how you two used to date way back when. And Seulki didn't seem all that thrilled." Hyungwon gulped. Oops. Him and Byeol had been such good friends that he completely forgot about the brief period where they dated. Was that why Seulki was so cold?

"I swear that girl has no sense in her brain. Who just tells someone that?" He said, shaking his head and Jane chuckled, patting his shoulder. "It's Byeol, oppa. She's always been that way. There's never a filter." He ran his fingers through his hair. Okay; one issue down. But there's another one? He looked back at Jane expectantly and she bit her bottom lip. "This one—I don't know if this is my place, but you need to know." He held his breath.

"Are you—have you—do you know that she's not eating?" Hyungwon raised a brow, snorting. "She's on a diet, she told me. We all go on diets, Jane-ah." Jane shook her head. "No, Hyungwon. I mean if you see her, in person. She hasn't eaten a proper meal in months. She's literally skin and bones." Hyungwon felt his eyes widen. Was it really that bad?

"I even heard Harin whispering that Jin had told her to watch her to make sure she eats something. It's bad, Won-ie. She's really down right now. And that break that their company just announced for her? I guarantee it's related to this." Hyungwon raised a shaky hand to his head, still trying to process this information. He felt like nothing more than a shit person right now. Who doesn't notice their own girlfriend isn't eating?

"I suspected—a few months ago—I went to her apartment. She wouldn't take off her makeup, she was dressed like we were going on a runway and she had said she'd had a big lunch and wasn't hungry. She looked thinner, but it wasn't too concerning at the time. God, I'm an idiot." He slapped his hand on his face and Jane frowned. She couldn't help but feel a little annoyed at the other party involved, but she knew it was neither of their's faults.

"Hey, look at me," Jane said, gently placing her hands on his knees. He looked at her with glossed over eyes and she sighed, ruffling his head. "Just, go see her. She has the boys and of course she has us girls, but she needs you. You're her boyfriend and you know damn well she's head over heels for you just as much as I do. She didn't tell you because she didn't want to worry you. But she needs you." Hyungwon gulped, taking in a shaky breath and standing up. "Can you tell Kihyun I won't be home for dinner? And maybe save me some, for later." He smiled weakly and Jane nodded.

She watched him walk out, determination in his eyes and she sighed. Maybe she should go with. A brilliant idea popped in her head and she pulled her phone out, dialing the number with a smirk on her face. Sometimes she really was a genius.

"Hey, Jimin, wanna play spy kids?"