Decisions

Jane returns to the living world

Jane groaned as she started waking up. Her head was hurting and she heard the quiet beep of a heart monitor. She groaned again when she smelled the bleach; it stinging her nose. She hated hospitals with a passion. What had even happened?

"Jane?" She heard the murmur of someone's voice but she was still half asleep and couldn't make out who it was. She was able to lift her hand and flash and okay symbol, still not opening her eyes. "Thank god. Open your eyes." She groaned. It was Kihyun and he had his 'mom' voice on.

"Baek YunJae! Open your eyes right now!" She peeked an eye open. That wasn't Kihyun. That was Changkyun and he sounded pissed. "Good. You really are alive." He smiled and she laughed weakly. "What even happened?" She croaked out, wincing at how dry her throat was.

"Here, sit up." Shownu had come to her side, helpng her sit up and handing her a glass of water. "Thanks, NuNu." She murmured and he smiled. "So, again. What happened? The last thing I remember was getting up to go change. How long have I even been here?" She closed her eyes, rubbing her temples.

"You had a seizure." Changkyun said bluntly and her eyes snapped open, glaring at him. "Ha, ha. Very fun, I.M. Now what really happened?" He scoffed, rolling his eyes and looking at everyone else. "He's not lying, Jane. You did. A bad one." She looked to Jooheon and she frowned.

"What—how did I—I'm too young for that stuff! It only happens when you're old and wrinkly." She was starting to panic and Kihyun placed his hand on her shoulder, squeezing it slightly. "Calm down. It's part of your lupus. It can happen. The doctor thinks it might've worsened."

She looked down. Did this mean she was dying? But they still had so much more to do! So much more that she wanted to do! Many more memories she wanted to make. "Did anyone call Jimin?" She said, emotionless. "Of course we did. But we figured you wouldn't want him to come so, we told him not to."

She grunted. They were right. The last thing she needed was her boyfriend here freaking out along with everyone else. "Does this mean I'm dying?" She asked and Shownu chuckled. "No, baby. You're not dying. That was the first question I asked."

She frowned, crossing her arms and getting annoyed. "So, what? I'm supposed to just walk around and wait for another one to happen?" Changkyun rolled his eyes, pulling his phone out and typing to someone. "No, baby." Shownu said again.

"The doctor gave you more meds. Said they're supposed to prevent them from happening. But he assured us a million times over that you're not dying or you won't die." She chuckled, leaning against the pillows Kihyun had fluffed up for her. "Well, knowing all of you, you wouldn't just be sitting here and relaxing if I was."

Hyungwon chuckled and then she shot up, surprise taking over. "What time is it?! We have a stage tonight! We gotta go!" She threw the thin blanket off of her, swinging her legs over the edge of the bed before Changkyun was suddenly in front of her, holding her still.

His eyes were boring into hers, dark brown orbs showing worry and not the anger that she had first thought it was. "You're not performing. For the rest of the week." Her eyes widened and she slapped his hands away. She stood up, legs still a little wobbly and jammed her finger into his chest.

"You can't take me out of this. This is our last week of performances! I'm doing it, Im Changkyun! The doctor said I'm fine go march your skinny ass out there and sign my damn discharge papers and let's go." She pointed towards the door and Changkyun scoffed, crossing his arms.

She looked over at Shownu who just shook his head. "He's right, Jane. You can't perform. Even the doctor recommended that you don't. Your body and brain need to heal." She threw her hands up, looking around at the others who were refusing to make eye contact with her.

"Are you kidding me?! There's only a few more days! I have to perform, oppa!" She screamed to Shownu who only shook his head. "Leader's call, YunJae." She scoffed, sitting down and rubbing her temples. Her headache was back in full force. "I can't believe this."

"Jane-ah, listen," Kihyun said, kneeling in front of her. She just glared at him. "This wasn't just you passed out or fainted or were dehydrated. You had a seizure. You need to give yourself time to heal." She sighed, shoulders slumping over. She knew he was right, but she couldn't let this comeback be as screwed up as the last one. They needed normalcy.

"I can do it. Even if I just have to sit there on a chair. But I need to be there." She said quietly and Kihyun looked to Shownu who just shook his head. "I can't allow it. I need you healthy. We're going to have a world tour soon. As soon as all this other stuff is over." He said and she sighed, laying back down.

"It'll be fine, Jane-ssi," Jooheon said, sneaking her some candy without Kihyun noticing. He winked and she smiled softly, shoving it under her pillow. "It's only a few days, we can manage. Just do it from the couch at the dorm. It's probably more comfy anyways."

She chuckled, shaking her head. "You're probably right. I'm sorry everyone." Hyungwon frowned, patting her leg. "You don't need to be sorry you bafoon." Minhyuk scoffed and she rolled her eyes, biting her tongue.

"It was out of your control, Jane," Hyungwon said with a smile. "We gotta go, but we'll be back soon as we finish." He kissed her hand and she smiled. "Can you all make sure to shower first? I'm sure the nurses don't appreciate the whole floor smelling like teenage boys."

Hyungwon chuckled, promising they'd be clean and non-smelly. "Good luck! Fighting!" She said as they left and then she was left to wallow on her own. She couldn't believe that the doctor would just pull her like that. She felt fine, physically. She needed to be on stage, with her boys.

She heard a knock at the door and thinking it was one of the boys, she turned to scold them. "You're going to be late and then I'm really—" she lost her words, staring wide eyed at the figure before her.

"Wonho."