Dorming

The boys act awkward as if they haven't been living with a girl before

Jane smiled slightly as she finished unpacking the last of her boxes. She was rooming with Changkyun and Minhyuk and while the two boys had lazily thrown their stuff around, Jane had taken the time to organize hers and put it away properly. She taped up the last of her pictures, sitting back and admiring her collage. There were pictures of her and her dad, a few with her grandparents before they had passed on and the rest of her trainee days and of No.Mercy. She smiled, relishing in the memories. "You're smiling. That's creepy." Minhyuk said, walking in and plopping on his bed.

Jane snorted, rolling her eyes. "Can you clean your stuff up please? It looks like a tornado went through here and we literally just moved in." Minhyuk ignored her, scrolling through his phone. Jane huffed, grabbing her toiletries and moving to the bathroom. Hyungwon was in there, looking very focused and jumped a little when Jane walked in. "O-oh. Jane. I was just clearing a drawer for you." Jane quirked her eyebrow. "For what?" Her tone came out harsher than she intended and Hyungwon flinched a little. He cleared his throat, providing her an awkward smile. "Y'know, for like, girl stuff." He stepped aside to reveal the now empty drawer. Jane raised her eyebrow again. "Really? Why can't we just share like we did before?" Hyungwon offered a nervous chuckled, scratching the back of his head. "Just your own spot, y'know?"

He quickly walked out of the bathroom and Jane sighed, not understanding why he was acting weird. She put her stuff in the drawer and went to put her shampoo and conditioner in the shower and frowned a little. All the boys had their stuff lined up together, but there wasn't room for Jane's. She would have to put hers on the other side. She sighed again, starting to feel a little ostracized and pissed. They had lived with her in the same dorm all throughout No.Mercy, there was no reason this was any different from then. She tried to chalk it up to her overthinking it and just placed her stuff down, going back to her room. She was surprised to see Minhyuk putting the last of his folded clothes away. "I cleared these three drawers and moved your clothes in there." He said.

Jane frowned; again it was the lone dresser on the other side of the room. Not one of the ones him and Changkyun were using. "Why couldn't I just keep my stuff where I had it?" She asked, letting it show how annoyed she was getting. Minhyuk rolled his eyes, turning around and placing his clothes in the drawer. "YunJae, shouldn't you be happy to have your own space? Why are you complaining?" Jane scoffed, crossing her arms and popping her hip out. "Because Hyungwon was just acting weird in the bathroom and now you're acting weird too." Minhyuk shrugged his shoulders, "Hyungwon-ie always acts weird. And I'm not being weird. Be grateful I'm giving you your own space." Jane stomped her foot, turning and walking out of the room.

Kihyun and Hyunwoo were in the kitchen. Jane sat down on the chair and groaned. Kihyun shot Hyunwoo a look. "What's wrong?" Jane groaned, placing her head on the counter. "Everyone's being weird." Hyunwoo raised an eyebrow, getting up and moving over a chair. "Like that!" Jane snapped and Kihyun and Hyunwoo widened their eyes. "This is my chair. It's where I always sit." Hyunwoo said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Minhyuk walked into the kitchen and Jane glared at the three, stomping back to her room. "What's up with her?" He asked and Kihyun shrugged.

Jane slammed her door shut, sitting on her bed and looking around the room. She really was being ostracized. Her bed was on the other side of the room from Changkyun's and Minhyuk's. She fell back on her bed, tears of frustration pooling in her eyes. Someone knocked on the door and Jane groaned in annoyance. They never knocked before when they were in the dorm for No.Mercy. Why was it all of a sudden different? Jooheon timidly walked in. "Are you decent?" Jane growled. "Like you haven't seen me in my bra and underwear before, Joohoney!" He looked up, narrowing his eyes slightly. "It's different now, Jane." She pointed to the door behind him, "get out." She was annoyed, frustrated and hurt. She didn't understand why they were acting so awkward. She got up, pushing on Jooheon's chest and he flinched like her every touch was burning his skin through his shirt.

She slammed the door in his face, running back to her bed and burying her face in her pillows. She heard the door slam open a few minutes later and Changkyun walked in. "What's wrong with you?" He asked and she as grateful for the tad bit of normalcy. "Nothing." He raised his eyebrow, crossing her arms. "Cool. Now what's really wrong?" She sighed, slumping her shoulders over. "Everyone's acting like they've never lived with me before! You all lived with me for weeks at a dorm when we were on No.Mercy!" She punched her bedding and Changkyun smiled slightly, sitting next to her. "What are you talking about?"

She sighed again, doing her best to keep her frustrated tears at bay. "I feel like I'm the outcast! Hyungwon cleared a drawer out for me for my 'girl stuff' and could barely stay in the same room with me! Minhyuk moved all my clothes to the dresser away from yours like my stuff would have cooties or something. Hyunwoo moved his damned seat just to not sit next me. My bed isn't even near yours!" She covered her face and Changkyun frowned. He knew the others were just doing their best to make her feel comfortable, to give her space because they were all going to be here for a long time and she did need her own space that wasn't always occupied by boys. However, they had all failed to realize she didn't want any of that. She just wanted to be with her friends, enjoying their time together and not being reminded about how she was the only one with boobs.

Changkyun got up, walking across the room. Jane heard some scraping against the wood floor and peeked out from behind her fingers. "What are you doing?" She asked Changkyun who was miserably failing at moving the bunk beds. "Moving our bed next to yours." He stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Jane smiled. This is why he was her best friend. She got up, walking to him and helping him move the bed set until it was side by side with hers. "We can mix your stuff up in the drawers, you can go sit on Shownu-hyung's lap, go lay in bed with Hyungwon, we can even take the door off so they have to just walk in." Jane couldn't help the smile on her face as Changkyun continued his list. She wrapped her small arms around his waist and he smiled, closing his mouth and wrapping his arms around her head. "Thank you," she breathed.

Changkyun smiled, humming in response. "I think the beds are fine for now. Pizza?" He said and Jane nodded happily. They walked in the kitchen, Changkyun already on the phone ordering a pizza. The others looked at her sheepishly. "We're sorry, YunJae." Kihyun said. "We just wanted you to feel comfortable. You're going to be living with all boys for who knows how long and we just wanted you to feel like you had space to be a girl sometimes." She sighed, looking at the six people in front of her. "I want to be your friend, like I've always been. All this just makes me feel uncomfortable." Wonho walked up, wrapping her in a tight hug. "Let's start over?"

"Welcome to Monsta X's dorm, occupied by 8 human beings." Jane smiled, hugging him back briefly before stepping away. "Much better."