Tea and Crumpets

Jane and Jooheon fluff

A/N: I hope you like it!

Jane sighed as she looked at the mirrored wall. She wasn't feeling like herself today and while she knew she could chalk some of that up to be that her joints were pretty achy today, she knew most of it was just because she was feeling down. She didn't know why; their promotions for their new mini-album were coming to an end, she was getting better at managing her symptoms, no one was fighting with each other.

She sighed again, flopping back on the floor and spreading out like a starfish just staring at the ceiling. She hated days like today. When she would wake up and feel like nothing mattered or that she didn't matter. Where putting a smile on her face took a lot more effort than it should. Being around people was a lot harder than usual and gave her some anxiety. Where getting out of bed was just not the thing she wanted to do.

She had talked to her dad earlier and found out his health wasn't that great at the moment and even though he assured her a million times over that he was fine and would be good as new tomorrow, she was worried. But it wasn't like she could just hop on a train back home and go see him. He'd be angry for her missing work just to see him and she'd most likely miss M-Countdown stage tonight if she did go.

She blew some air out of her lips, her bangs flying up and away from her eyes. Today was just not her day and as much as she wished she could crawl back in her cocoon of blankets, she knew she couldn't. The downfall of living with 6 other people. She heard the practice room door open, but she didn't bother to move. She knew it was either one of the boys or their manager and bowing in greeting right now was only going to make her back hurt more than it already was.

Jooheon's face came into view, eyebrows furrowed as he rubbed his chin. "Doing alright, starfish?" He teased and she rolled her eyes, making a weak attempt to kick his ankle but barely lifted up her own foot. "I'm taking a break." Jooheon looked up at the clock; it was only 10AM. "How long have you been here?" Jane sat up, brushing her bangs back and shrugging. "Probably about 5 hours." She glanced at the clock.

Jooheon chuckled, shaking his head. "Of course. Couldn't sleep?" She shrugged again, tightening her shoelaces and standing up. "Wanna run through it with me?" She walked over to her phone to play the music and Jooheon just stood there, eyeing her curiously. She sighed, walking over and taking her phone and slipping it into his pocket. "Yah! Joohoney!" She said with a glare and he shook his head, clicking his tongue and grabbing her wrist.

"I think that you need a break and I'll take it with you. Grab your stuff. We're going to the dorm." She crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow. "We have practice. Everyone is going to be here." Jooheon shrugged again. "And they can practice. But you need a break. Now let's go." He handed her bag out to her, shaking it a little as if to tempt her to grab it. She growled, grabbing it and throwing it over her shoulder. Even if she was secretly happy to be going back to the dorm and to her bed.

They walked in silence, Jane just trying to enjoy the sun on her face. Jooheon was next to her and observing. She was always quiet, never one to speak much unless she had too, but this was a different quiet. He could tell she had things to say but just couldn't. She was a little pale and there were bags under her eyes that were more noticeable today than usual. Her feet were dragging, her shoulders were a little hunched over and eyes refusing to look anywhere but the sidewalk in front of her.

She sighed in relief when they finally reached the dorm, kicking her shoes off and going straight to her bed and wrapping herself in the fuzzy blankets that Kihyun had bought for her last week. Jooheon went about the kitchen quietly and a few moments later he was walking into Jane's room with two steaming cups of her favorite orange jasmine tea and a snack. She looked at him and raised a brow. "What's this?"

He shrugged, sitting down on the floor and she joined him, grabbing the cup of tea and breathing in the fragrance. "Tea and crumpets." He said and she chuckled, holding up what was clearly and Oreo cookie. "This is a crumpet?" He rolled his eyes, picking one up and popping it in his mouth. "If you'd use your imagination it could be." She chuckled, shaking her head and taking a bite. "What's this for though?" She asked.

"You seem down today. I was hoping I could make you feel a little better." Her shoulder slumped a little and he frowned. "Wanna talk about it?" She shook her head. "There's nothing to talk about. I'm just feeling—off today. Just one of those days." He hummed in acknowledgement. He's had one to many of 'just one of those days' and needed no more explanation. He picked up the cup of tea, sipping it and crinkling his nose.

Jane laughed. "You don't even like tea." He put the cup down, still glaring at the hot liquid as if it killed his family. "But you do. And you're sad and tea cheers you up. So, today, I like tea." She smiled softly, tucking some of her black hair behind her ear. "Thank you." She murmured and Jooheon smiled, patting her leg. "Oh! I almost forgot!" He rushed out of the room and came back with his hands behind his back.

"I swear to god if you're about to show me a bug or something I'll really kill you." He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Who do you take me for? Just close your eyes." She sighed, placing her tea down and closing her eyes. She flinched a little when she felt something around her neck, but realized it was a necklace of some sort. "Okay, you can look." She opened her eyes and her eyes went wide. It was a velvet choker with a little skull charm. She had seen it at the store a few weeks ago when her and Jooheon had went out. She didn't know he remembered.

"How did—you remembered?" He nodded, smiling smugly. "Of course I did! How could I forget you saying you like something like that?" She chuckled, running her fingers over it gently. "I really like it, thank you." He sat back down, picking up his cup of tea and downing it. Jane raised an eyebrow at him. "You're going to permanently burn your tongue one day and never taste anything again." He shrugged, pointing to his watch.

"Better than being scolded for being 2 hours rather than a half hour if we leave in the next 5 minutes."