Best Friend

Changkyun lives up to his best friend role

Changkyun casually walked out of the elevator with bags of food and other things hanging off his arms. He knew Jane was struggling with everything that was going in her personal life and he wanted to have a day to help her relax a little. He waltzed right in her apartment, not bothering to knock. Her home was his home as far as he was concerned.

He heard the shower running and sighed. He was really hungry and had waited until he got here to eat and now he was going to have to wait longer. He made his way to the kitchen, having been here enough times to know where she kept all the dishes. He grabbed some plates and glasses and the corkscrew. You couldn't have a relaxing, stress-free day without a little alcohol.

"Jimin, I didn't—YAH!" Jane screamed out, pulling the towel wrapped around her tighter and glaring at Changkyun who was staring at her blankly from the kitchen counter. "I brought food," he stated simply and walked over to the table where the bags of food are. He sat down and started taking out the containers while Jane just stared at him in disbelief.

"Are you gonna put clothes on or eat like that? Because I'm starving and have been nice enough to wait for you to eat." Jane rolled her eyes and walked back to her room, throwing on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt before walking back into the kitchen. "Remind me to change the passcode," she muttered and Changkyun only shrugged, digging into his food. "You'll tell me it eventually."

Jane rolled her eyes, digging into her food. "I hate you," she muttered and Changkyun only smiled at her. "Love you too. I brought things for us to do today!" He jumped up and grabbed the other bags. Pulling out face masks, nail polish, and some of her favorite movies. "What is wrong with you?" Jane asked, staring at him wide-eyed.

Changkyun feigned hurt. "I'm just trying to be a good best friend and give you a nice day today and you think something is wrong?!" Jane laughed and picked up the different colors of nail polish. "You really are adorable," she cooed and Changkyun scrunched his nose up. "Gross. What's wrong with you?"

She laughed, picking out a shiny blue color. "I guess being away from you all has softened me up a little bit," she teased and Changkyun scoffed, rolling his eyes and snatching the color out of her hand. "SHINY BLUE?! I just bought this to have more variety but you actually want it?!" Jane grinned at him and waved her fingers at him. "Paint me blue!"

Changkyun had refused to let Jane pick the color for his nails, opting for his usual black. An hour later the two of them were sitting on the couch, snacks laid out in front of them, face masks on and a glass of wine each. Changkyun had just put in Coraline, one of her favorite Disney movies. "I still don't understand why you like this. It's creepy," he commented, laying down on the other couch.

"I'm friends with you and I'm sure there's plenty of people who would call you creepy so, there's that." She mused and Changkyun only rolled his eyes at her. "How are you doing?" He asked quietly and Jane sighed. "At least I'm asking during the previews and not the actual movie!" Changkyun defended and Jane only smiled at him. "I'm not great, but I'll be alright. More worried and on edge than anything."

Changkyun hummed. "How is he? I mean, he didn't look that good last I saw him but I thought that maybe a miracle happened or something." Jane chuckled weakly but shook her head. "Worse. There's not much he can do for himself. I'm glad one of my aunts was able to come out and stay with him. The doctor doesn't think he's got much time left." Jane felt her eyes tear up a little bit but she blinked it away.

"I'm sorry," Changkyun said, not able to really offer anything else in way of helpful words. "It's alright, it's life." Jane commented and then the movie started and a comfortable silence fell between the two. Halfway into the movie, Changkyun heard soft snoring coming from the other couch. He looked over, quickly pulling his phone out to take a picture of this moment. It was rare when he could catch Jane looking like a clown so, he needed his blackmail.

He stood up, peeling the mask off his face and then hers, grabbing one of the throw blankets and placing it over her. He cleaned up their mess and slipped his jacket on, giving his best friend one last smile before leaving to return home.

Today was the most he had heard her laugh or seen her smile in a while and that was good enough for him.