Chapter Four

Debby

Dealing with all these stacked papers is draining. I want to go out and have some time for myself but I know na ipapahanap na naman ako ni Dad. He told everyone to keep an eye on me, which is ridiculous because it's not like I'd burn his company down or do something reckless.

  I was about to throw my pen at my frustration when the person I was thinking about entered my office.

  “Hello, princess. You look a little weird.”

  I pouted at my Dad. What a nice way of saying I looked like shit.

  “I am tired. I've had enough of this papers, thought my job was only to—”

  He cuts me off when I was starting to complain. Alam niya kasing matatagalan kami if he let me. “Why are you doing that? I told you to hire an assistant or something.”

  I look up to him, he was looking back at me, two brows ceased in curiosity. “I thought you said I can't get one!”

  “Princess, you need to get your ears checked.” Thanks for reminding me of my appointment tomorrow.

  “I'll go hire one. Anyway, why are you here?”

  “I just want to see how my princess is doing. Do you want me to leave?” He gave me one of his puppy-lost face na agad nagpa-guilty sa akin.

  I sigh and walked towards him. Dad is very caring and affectionate. I know by his tone that I hurted his heart a little with how I am acting right now.

  Hugging him, I sigh at the familiar scent I've always been accustomed of. I miss him talaga. “Sorry, dad. I'm just really tired. Can I get tight huggies back?” I feel like a kid asking for treats but his tight hug is what I need right now.

  “You need to relax. Your mom is going to kill me if she finds out that you are stressing so much. Kaka graduate mo lang, don't pressure your self,” he said, hugging me tightly as I've requested. I melted into dad's arms and cling like a little kid again.

  “Awe, I'm glad my only princess miss daddy's hugs. Akala ko you don't want to hug us anymore.” My dad is a little drama king but he's good naman, we love it.

  “Why won't I hug you? I'm big but I'm yours and mom's baby girl, dada. I miss you and mom. I promise to visit home more often na po.” I moved out of the house last year to live alone in my grandma's gift of house for me. She said she'd like me to have the freedom of living alone and I like the idea of it. Pero I know my parents don't, na they don't want me away from them, pero wala silang magawa because my decision was final.

  “Why don't you come home ba? Your mommy wants you there, she's always complaining why she's left alone with me. As if it's my fault na she let you have that house.”

  I laugh at what Dada said and smile afterwards. I'm lucky to have a loving family. It's one of my treasures in life.

  We walked towards the couch, and sat there. “Did David called you?” he asked, changing the subject.

  “Nah. Thought he's busy traveling around and finding girls to 'have fun with'.” I put an emphasis on the fun part since he's known to be very fond of girls and having fun with them.