Chapter Sixteen

Debby

It's Saturday, which means that it's date day. After finishing some work, I changed into my new dress, fixed my make up, and sprayed perfume. I feel a bit excited meeting Annie again, it's been a month since our first date, we didn't really communicate a lot but it's understandable because I'm busy and so is she. I still don't know what I feel towards her but, it's good to go out with another person once in awhile.

  I drove to the restaurant Annie texted me and when I got there, I was surprised to see it was rented.

  “You really don't need to rent the whole place, ” I said, taking a seat.

  “I want peace kasi. Also, this is lolo's place so it's really fine, " she said and shrug.

  I turn a little to take a look at the place, it was perfect for a candle light dinner. Been on dates like this for multiple times already so it doesn't really surprise me that much. Just the same fancy and cozy vibe date.

  “So how was your day?” I asked after the waiter took our order.

  “It was fine. I had a lot of meetings,  I was excited about tonight so I was inspired to work din.”

  I can feel the redness in my cheek as she look at me in the eye. She's pretty rin kasi, no wonder a lot of the boys noon lines up to date her.

  “Working hard, I see, ” I commented.

  She nods and asked me about mine too.

  “Not so stressful because I had time to breathe, I have three assistants, my friends, who works three days a week. They help me with the paper stuffs and others too.”

  “You have a lot of assistants ah.”

  I nod and remembered M. “I was suppose to hire M lang, but I can see that she's more comfortable having her friends around, and I know that they need it din naman so why not.”

  “That's new, so they're students?”

  I nod.

  “Are they fine with it though? Isn't school stressing them?”

  “They only work three to four hours, or any time they want as long as they finish the work. It's not too much din naman. I handle the big stuff there so less stress for them,” I explained, sipping on the wine the waiter had given to us.

  We talked more about our work and the memories noon before we decided to call it a night. When we reached my car, she called my name shyly making me turn to look at her.

  “I have to ask this, are you fine with this?”

  I can see that there's no reason for me not to, so I nod.

  “I guess I have the permission again to see you again next time. Dinner again?”

  I smile and nodded, there's nothing wrong with having dinner again. Why not?

  “Great! I'll see you soon. Take care.”

  We hugged each other and she kissed my cheek before walking towards her car.