Chapter Eighteen

Debby

I'm really guilty at what I did and until now, even when I'm inside my office with her two friends staring at me as if I'm crazy, I can't help but pace back and forth feeling shit.

"You guys saw her reaction? She was sad diba? Damn me talaga, I shouldn't have reacted that way. In my defense, I was just shocked to see her ride with others, not that there's some wrong with it, but with motorcycle? Really?" I ask to no one in particular.

Rafa and Hugo exchanged a look, before they both stood up and walk towards me.

"Ang pretty, pretty mo pa rin mag alala, Miss Debs. Pero huwag mo masyadong dibdibin. Maiintindihan ka ni Mandi, sabihin mo lang sa kanya ang dahilan."

"What reason? That I don't want her to ride that deadly thing? She'll think I'm crazy! She'll think na I'm overreacting."

Hugo lay his hand in my shoulder, comforting me. "Miss Debs, kung may understanding man na tao sa mundo, sure akong si Mandi 'yun. Siya ang reincarnation ng word mismo. Kaya huwag kang mag alala, dahil maiintindihan ka nun."

I nod at what they said, but I still feel guilty. I have crossed the line na kanina and she doesn't deserve to hear those words. Gosh, I'm so stupid. Ayaw ko talaga kapag naiinis ako because I tend to act and say mean things.

"I just don't want her in any danger. As her friend and concert buddy, she needs to stay safe and that Cy girl is doing her best in doing the opposite of what I want," I explained.

The two nodded at me, understanding my point. As they should!

I turn to them. "Should I go and tell her I am sorry?"

They nodded again, so I immediately walk towards the door.

"Miss Debs! Ang bag at gamit mo."

Oh, right.

"Almost forgot about that. Don't work too much, guys. Bye!" I said, then left the room.

After arranging my stuff at the back of the seat, I sigh and made my way to Jimmy T. I hope she's not mad at me.

It's seven and I decided to enter the restaurant to see her up close. Much to my surprise, I collided with the most unexpected person inside.

"Hey, Debby. Fancy seeing you here." Annie kissed both my cheek as I greeted her back.

"Are you here with someone?"

I shook my head. "I'm waiting for a friend, she's the one singing over there." I pointed at the small stage, where she's singing her heart out.

Annie looked amazed at Mandi. "Whoa, I've heard her since kanina. She got a nice voice."

I smile and nod. Yeah, Mandi's voice is the best. "She is. So why are you here?" I can't help but ask.

She smirk. "Interested to know, Miss Pancho?"

"Maybe a little, Miss Vernasa."

"I was meeting a friend for some catching up. Remember Altair? He just got back from states. Hindi tuloy kayo nagmeet."

"Whoa, I remember you two were close. It's nice to know that it stayed until now."

Annie nodded. "Can I join you as you wait for your friend? Let's chitchat a little, my treat."