Chapter Fifty-two

Debby

I was stoned to the ground, surprised at what Mandi did. It took me a while to process the fact that our lips are touching now. 

  We're kissing. 

 Me and Mandi, we're kissing!

  I blink several times, trying to comprehend what just happened.

 Then she finally decided to pull away. Maybe it was only a minute, or maybe few, but I can't believe na she kissed me. 

  She. Freaking. Kissed. Me.

  "Wha-How—I mean, I love you?" I blurted not knowing what to say. Her kiss made me lose my senses. I'm stuttering at how nervous I am at this moment. I can't believe kasi na she did it. I thought she's going to avoid me or not acknowledge me when she sees me. She freaking kissed me!

  Gosh!

  I blinked several times, doing my best to act normal even though my heart is about to leap out of my chest any moment now.

  She's so close to me, close enough for her to hold my face using her hand, and gently caress it with her thumb. It is giving me shivers. She then lean closer, her breath fanning my face as she speak, "D, I'm really sorry sa nangyare. I dindn't mean to hurt you. Tama ka nga, hindi dapat ako lumapit sa ibang tao. I should've asked you myself. I'm sorry for doubting you, D. Hindi ko lang noon maiwala sa sarili ko ang mga pagdududa. Idagdag mo pa ang pagseselos ko sa nakita kong nagkalat na pictures sa social media. Sorry talaga at kumausap pa ako ng iba kung pwede ko naman itanong mismo sa'yo."

  My heart clenched after hearing her apologize. Even though she didn't do anything wrong, here she is saying sorry and taking all the blame for herself. Even if she's hurt she continues to understand. She was never selfish, she was never mad at me, and she never once hated me even after I did all those horrible things in the past. Everyone is right about Mandi, she's the most precious person ever. I'll  be the most stupid person if I hurt her again. I love her, I love this girl and I am not going to let anything stop us now. 

  I took her hand and kissed the back of it as I say, "M, please don't apologize. You have all the right to doubt me. You don't have to ask me for assurance, I should've given it to you. I'm sorry for making you feel jealous and for all the things I've done. I promise to forever make it up to you if you let me." I stopped and swallowed the lump that filled my throat and continued, "I'm sorry for not talking to you these past few days too, I was afraid and ashamed of what I did. Pero I swear I was going to reach out to you na." After realizing kasi that night na my outburst was a little too over the line, I got nervous to talk to Mandi again. I thought na baka ayaw niya muna kumausap sa akin or she wants nothing to do with me na. It scared me, the thought of her not wanting me anymore. 

  She's still staring at me, her eyes shinning but there's a glint of doubt in it. "D, Ayos na ba tayo?" she asked, her voice so low that it was almost like a whisper.

  I can't help but smile as I nod. Staring at her face now, I can't help but pull her into an embrace. I really missed her.  "M, I don't want to be your friend. I want to kiss your lips," I whispered in her ear, making her body shiver. Guess the effect is still there.

  "And I wanna kiss you until I lose my breath," she whispered back, making my body shiver too. 

  Then I slowly parted from our embrace, but still close enough to hold her. "I don't want you to ever think a we are not okay, love. I love you and you know that I wanna be your girlfriend. So bad."