Chapter Eight

Debby

I feel glad na nagka alone time na sina Tatiana and Lyrie. I really wish na magkaayos na sila para both of them will be happy na. Nothing is more frustrating than two persons clearly wanting each other but both are too afraid to take a shot. There's also another thing that got my attention. My inside is still in turmoil in seeing her blush but I just shrug the thoughts off. It's just normal naman because we're used to each other's presence in private that we forget how to react when we're in front of people. Not that we need to do something—ugh! This is just frustrating.

  A familiar figure stopped in front of me, greeting me with a glance up and down. “Hey Deb, congratulations on passing.”

  I smile and nod at Yohan, one of my friends. “Congrats too. Heard you're going abroad na.”

  “Yeah, I am. I bet you'll miss me noh?”

  We often flirt with each other which makes the people around us confused about our status. Well, scratch that, I kind of flirt with others kaya many are confused about my status, but I assure them na it's a friendly flirting lang. If there's such a thing.

  “Yes, baby boy. No one will hatid some chocolates na when I'm sick.”

  “I'm surprised you don't have any diabetes, babe. I am really worried with your health condition.” Yohan knows about my addiction to sweets and he's one of the few na nagspospoil sa akin.

  “If I die early, it'll be your fault din. You keep on feeding me sweets kaya.” We both laugh and hug each other.

  “I saw your snap noon, so you're dating now huh?” he asked, as we pulled away from our embrace.

   I furiously shook my head. “What? No! I'm with a friend oy, don't be so malikhain of kwento.” Did people really think of that snap as a couple dating?

  “Ohh. Chill, I just want to ask kasi marami ang mabre-break ang heart if they know na you're taken na.”

  I rolled my eyes at him but wave my hand goodbye to associate with other visitors pa. After an hour of almost talking to everyone, I decided to go inside and relax for a bit, but I almost collided with Mandi who's busy staring at her phone.

  “You should look where you're going, M. You'll fall talaga if you keep on doing that.” I smiled at her.

  “Debby!” She withdrew her attention from her phone to look at me with a surprised look on her face.

  “Hello to you too, Mandi.” I felt a little sad at what she called me which is plainly stupid because I know she's just shocked.

  “Pasensya na, D. Naki CR lang ako at may nirereplyan lang.” Okay, she's back with our nicknames na so forgiven. I feel silly but it's what I feel.

  “Who are you talking to ba?” I know it's non of my business but I still asked.

  “Sila Magie lang, may sinabi sila sa akin eh.” Ohh, it's her sister pala.

  “Ohh, tell them I miss them ha.”

  She nodded, smiling. She was about to say something, but I beat her to it by asking her, “Do you want to come and relax in the gaming room with me? I'm so drained running around the party.”