Chapter Thirty-eight

Debby

All I can hear is the beeping sound beside me. I tried opening my eyes but my lids are heavy. It felt like my body is dead tired. I tried it for a couple more times before I finally succeed. The first thing I saw was the unfamiliar white ceiling which made me squint to its brightness. Gosh, where am I?

I blink, trying to adjust in the bright light, and move to stare at the whole room. There was people inside.

"Debby!"

I was surprised to see Mom come up to me. Her eyes looked as if she haven't slept from a long time. "My baby!" I felt her hug my head, which made me winced because her elbow touched my cheek. It hurts.

I suddenly felt so dehydrated. So I asked, "W-water, please."

Dad grabbed a glass and adjusted my bed to help me drink the water I asked for. I tried to move but a scream in pain escaped my throat because of my legs, it felt as if its been hit by thousands of bolts.

"Call the Doctor!"

I didn't know what happened next but a guy in a white coat come up to me and helped me calm down. A nurse also came to inject a pain killer, which lessens the pain a little.

"What happened?" I asked, looking around. Dad, Mom, Tati, and Sash were staring at me, all of them got huge bags under their eyes.

"Debby, it's not advisable for you to think about what happened right now. How about you take a rest muna?" Sash said, giving me an encouraging smile.

I frown. Why?

I closed my eyes, trying to remember what happened. After a few seconds, a flash of the events in night of Sash's party came rushing in making me blink. I can recall the events from my talk with Tati, to Mandi and Annie, to Annie and Me talking, to Lyrie, Quincy, and Mandi-oh gosh. I messed up big time.

I need to see her. I need to apologize.

I started to lift my body, wishing I have enough strength to leap out of the bed. "I need to get out of here. I need to talk to Mandi. Help me out of this bed, please."

Mom walked and hugged me. "Darling, please calm down. You'll hurt yourself."

It made me sob a little. "Mom, I don't care about me. I hurted her. I can't believe I hurted her a lot of times na. I need to know is she's alright, Mommy."

"Calm down, baby. You'll hurt yourself more," my dad intervened.

I shook my head and sob more.

Tati came up to us and shakes her head. "Debby, calm down. I'll call her, okay? She's been asking for updates too. She'll worry more kapag naabutan ka niya na ganyan."

I saw Sash nod in agreement kaya I tried my best to calm down. True to her words, Tatiana did call Mandi. I don't know what she replied but I hope she's coming. I

My mom held my cheeks and kissed it before she excuses herself to go to the bathroom.

After a few minutes, there was a knock on the door. Dad opened it and I almost jump out of my bed when I saw it was Mandi. She came. She's here.