Chapter Two

Debby

After lunch, me and Tatiana decided to go back to work. We both have a busy schedule but I want to help my friend with Lyrie because I can feel the sincerity she is showing now. I know she messed up in the past but she regretted it naman and I believe in second chances kaya I hope she does things right this time. I'm rooting for her.

"Did you notice how she turn red? I think you have a big chance of winning her heart again," I said, fixing my hair as she drove me back to my office. It's not that far naman from here, ilang straight and turns lang mula sa school nila Ly.

We graduated recently and are now working on our perspective field.

"I am hundred percent sure she'll say yes to me."

I playfully rolled my eyes at her. "Nice confidence. Where did you ipon that?"

"Shush."

Minutes later, I suddenly remember that familiar girl sitting beside me na nagshare ng kanyang lunch. I know she's one of Ly's friend, pero she rarely talks kaya siguro I don't know her that much. I asked, "Do you know the name of that girl sitting next to me? She's kind of silent and all."

I feel bad for not remembering her name and not asking for it kanina. Pero I'm bad naman talaga with names kaya she can't blame me.

"I can't recall her name. Go ask my boo, I'm not into memorizing names. "

Okay, me and Tatiana did have something in common and that is forgetting names. After dropping me off and exchanging goodbyes, I silently stride towards my office, head still in that silent girl who seems to weigh the world on her shoulder. I am really curious why her mood suddenly change after reading a text. Not that I want to meddle but she looks like she needs help. Dahil na rin siguro I grew up in a soft and loving family, I easily get concerned with other's and the things happening to them.

I'll ask Lyrie about her friend's name later. She seems like a nice girl and she looks like she can be my friend. Tsaka her pakbet is really tasty, I can eat it every week and not get bored with it.

Seeing the piles of work I left, I shrugged my shoulders and sat on my chair and started to work. Hours passed bago ako natapos with all the paperworks and calls. I decided to end the night by treating myself with dinner and drink. So I drove towards my favorite place called Ynova, where me and my girls usually hang out. Aside for having the best food, the place is really relaxing and they also have guest bands play chilling music every night.

After giving my order to the waiter, I decided to chat and ask Lyrie about her friend. She was surprised at me but I told her my reasons and I don't think it's weird because I am naturally friendly naman. I'm the party goer, the friend who knows a friend, and the one who gets invited to every gathering in town. So asking for another person's name is not a stranger naman siguro for me.

After typing her name in my search box, I was surprised to see she has song covers on her page. I clicked one and my eyes went wide at how good she is. Damn, she can sing nonstop and no one will ever complain.

I heard shifting noise form the background, then a guy spoke. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, our guest band for tonight is named Flame!"

I turned my head towards the small stage they have with instruments in it. Squinting my eyes to confirm what I just saw, a low gasp left my mouth and my eyes grew wide seeing Mandi-that's her name daw, fixing a microphone on the stage.