Chapter Fourteen

Debby

It took me time to arrange everything I had to fix around the room because today is the day Mandi and her friends are gonna start working for me. I don't want them to barge in here seeing all these mess, that'll be embarrassing. With effort and energy, I put on three chairs near the door with a long table for them to work on. I also requested for a laptop since it's more convenient for them three to use.

  I received Mandi's chat that she and her friends are going to be late today, she was going to arrange something which I am thankful because I had been given time to relax a bit. I know na it's weird to some na I'm stressing this much when I can just call someone downstairs to help me clean up my mess, but that's not how my parents raised me, they told me to clean my own mess and only ask for help if it's too much na.

  I received a message again, but much to my surprise, it was from Annie. She sent me a gif with a cat saying Hi, which is cute by the way, and a follow up text saying kumusta.

  I smile at the thought of her using this. I didn't perceive her as the type to send things like this because she's all so serious in person. I sent her back a cat gif with a follow up text saying 'I'm fine, hbu'. We exchanged a few text and promise to see each other soon, which is in Sunday na. A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts about what might happen in Sunday, I shouted come in and there stood the three: Rafa, Hugo, and Mandi, whom is holding a bouquet in hand.

  Did someone gave her a bouquet? She's got a few admirers, I see.

  “Pasensya na late kami Miss Debs. Bumili pa kasi si Mand-” Rafa started but was cut off by his friend, Mandi.

  “Kami. Bumili kami ng bulaklak para sa'yo. Pa-thank you sa pag hire sa amin.”

  Rafa and Mandi exchanged a look, which almost made me laugh but I am too focus on seeing the bouquet in hand.

  “Y'all are so sweet. Thank you guys, ” I said, standing up to give them a hug. Mandi even stiffen when I gave her one, which made me chuckle because I can feel her nervousness. This girl talaga.

  “Mandi, how many times do I have to tell you na kumalma ka, no chill queen,” I whispered as I took the bouquet.

  “Ay wow may pa whisper. Ehem.”

   I turn to smile at Hugo and whispered to him too. “Your other friend is so kabado kasi, it makes me wonder if she sees me as your prof.”

  Hugo laughed out loud causing the two to look at us questioningly.

  “Okay, so thank you guys for accepting my offer. Hindi muna kayo babagsak sa work agad-agad, I'll call Yasmine to assist you three of what you need to do. Do you guys need coffee? Water?"”

  “Ayos na kami, D. Thank you.”

  I see she got over her nervousness na. She really look cute with her hair all tucked up in a ponytail, I even noticed a small touch of blush in her cheek. She's glowing today. She's pretty.

  After calling Yasmine, I let them four have their private moment to get to know things around as I continue the papers I am arranging. I did check up on them twice and I'm happy to see how they are enjoying the work, they were fast learners that I almost forgot they are still in school. They are scheduled to come here thrice a week, but only to work three to four hours, depends on the work left. They can also take it home if needed.