Chapter Thirty-four

Debby

They were laughing as we all retreat to our respective tents. I'm still annoyed, sad, and irritated at what happened kanina sa truth or dare. I know Tatiana asked it on purpose para inisin ako lalo, and she is successful sa plan niya. It broke my heart to hear that she's seeing other people, lalo na at si Lewis pa. I don't like the idea of the two of them together. I don't want to admit it out loud, but I'm threatened of Lewis. She's kind and thoughtful, while me? All I did was hurt Mandi.

  Kahit na I'm full of undesirable feels inside, I can't help but feel nervous din about the thought of me and Mandi alone in the tent. Even if nakasama ko na siyang matulog kahapon, it's different from today. I know what I want to do na and decided about my feelings na, which makes me even more nervous to be around her.

  When we entered the medium sized tent, perfect only for two, I heard Mandi sigh. Debby, tapatin mo nga ako.”

   I turn to stare at her as she looked at me with both her hands on her waist. “Hmm?”

  She gave me a serious look. “May galit ka ba sa akin?”

  My brows furrowed when I heard her ask. I quickly shook my head. “Why would you think that I'm mad at you?” I'm not mad at her, I'm mad at myself. Noon pa.

  She eyes me, unconvinced. “Kanina mo pa kaya ako tinitignan ng masama. Sa pagkakaalala ko, wala naman akong masamang ginawa sa'yo.”

  I suddenly feel guilty again. I made her worry na naman because of my actions. I know na I was acting like a bitch kanina pa, but I didn't know that she's thinking it's because of her. So I sigh in defeat. “I'm sorry, M. I'm just not in the mood kanina,” It's half the truth. I can't just tell her na naiinis ako kay Gail dahil sa closeness nila, I can't tell her na I'm jealous and envious of Quincy because she can talk to her like that, and lalo na I can't tell her to cut ties with Lewis because I'm afraid she'd fall for her more and that she'll forget about me na.

  Or maybe I can.

I bit my lip as I started to rummage the bag I brought to find some of the things I need for sleep. I did it because I was nervous and shy to face her.

  I didn't hear any reply from her, which made me nervous more. I turn to peak at her, and saw her placed her bag on the floor.

  After a few minutes, I heard her ask, “Isang sleeping mat lang ang nadala mo?”

  I nod and smile sheepishly. “Sorry, I was thinking of sleeping alone here sa tent when I got it kaya I asked for a single mat, I didn't know we'd end up as tent mates kasi. We can share naman, there's nothing wrong with it,” I said, trying to lighten the mood. I wiggle my brows at her, making her turn red. Cute. Nawala na ang inis ko sa nangyare kanina and it was replaced by playfulness. “Your cheek is turning red, M. Are you blushing?”

  “W-wag na. Ikaw na sa mat ako na sa walang ano. Tsaka, ano? Hindi ako nagblublush,” she defended, looking flustered pa rin.

  This girl is so adorable.

  I shook my head and decided to sit close to her. She seems to be nervous with my gesture because I saw her shifted in her seat. I see, I still have the same effect on her. Mustering my courage, I smile nervously. "I'm sorry if you thought I was mad at you, M. I'm sorry for acting like a bitch kanina."

Strange Compatibility जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें