Chapter Twenty-four

Debby

It's the first day of October and I'm stuck in my office with the three, finishing some papers. Dad was rushing me with some of the file he requested kaya I dive into it, not blinking once.

"Miss Debs, gabi na. Hindi ka pa po ba uuwi?" tanong ni Hugo nang makatayo siya at nag stretch ng kamay.

"I'm fine here. Mauna na kayo, guys," I said, not sparing a glance at them.

"Sige po, ma'am. Mauna na kami."

I sais my goodbye and continue typing on some papers for about thirty more minutes before I finally decided to drink some water.

"Tapos ka na?"

I almost jump hearing Mandi's question. I didn't noticed that she stayed.

"I thought you left na," I said, walking near my small fridge.

"Nagpaiwan talaga ako. Nagugutom ka ba? Lima ang binili kong chocolate cupcakes ngayon."

I can't help but smile at the offer. She's been sending me a lot of sweet treats with notes. It was... sweet.

"My dad is rushing me with these files. I honestly am tired, I didn't even signed up for this ha."

"What do you mean?"

"I just want to own a clothing line, I want to start my own business but Dad said I must earn my money daw kaya here I am stuck in working. I also do modeling pag may time kaso I've been busy these past few days eh, so much work to do, " I said, taking a bite at the lovely cupcakes. Gosh, it's so sweet and I love it.

"Sa fashion nga talaga ang forte mo. So matagal pa ba bago mo masisimulan 'yun?" she asked.

"Well, I have enough money naman. I just want to be secured, I'll admit na I'm very high maintenance ha, kaya I'm working hard din to spoil myself."

She nods at me and smile. "Pwede ba ako mag tanong?"

"You are asking na, M, " I said and winked at her.

She laughs a little before asking, "Okay, wala ka bang gagawin sa 7?"

I thought about my schedule and see that it's blank naman. "Wala. Why?"

"Can I take you out on a date?"

I looked at her surprised. She's smiling and it's her first time to ask me out since that night where she asked me to come to her gig.

"Sure. Where's the place?" I asked, licking the sweet delicacy in hand. I swear, ang sarap talaga.

"Secret muna. Surprise na sa 7."

I'm intrigue but I didn't pushed it any further. I'll just wait and be patient with it. I know naman Mandi will do great at planning. She never disappoints me so I'll be looking forward to it.

* * *

My friends decided to call me to hang out with them today. They are complaining kasi na I rarely go to the bar with them na raw, and that I've been working tirelessly. That's why here I am, at Tatiana's house. I entered her living room and I saw her and Lyrie cuddling in the couch. On the other side, Sahsa is busy grinning in her phone. Great, I'm the fifth wheel again, glad the other one's partner is absent.