Chapter Twenty-six

Debby

It's been a week since that terrible day, a week since I last saw her. I can still see how hurt she was when she saw me with Annie that night. Pero in my defense, I didn't know she'd bring me to that concert so I assumed we'll go out on a dinner lang kaya I choosed Annie's offer kasi it was once in a blue moon nga. Now I'm here, regretting every single choice I made. I'm so so stupid.

"I still can't believe you did that. You could've told her the truth. Ayan, you hurted her tuloy, " Sasha said, pacing back in forth in my living room.

"I didn't know nga kasi na she'll be on the same place as me. She didn't say anything about the date naman kasi," I replied, sulking.

"But you said yes to her. Imagine what the girl must've felt when all her efforts and excitement has gone into waste, and what's worst is the other things that happened that day. Gosh, she saw you with her rival, that Annie! That must've hurt so much, " Tatiana added, shaking her head in disappointment.

My shoulder slump in guilt. "Kaya nga I am sorry na ngayon. I really didn't mean to lie to her, I just don't want her to know na I'll be with Annie. I don't want her to think noon na mas lamang si Annie."

"Well, she saw you both so good job, Deviana! You hurt the poor girl because of it, " Sasha said, rolling her eyes at me.

Tatiana cleared her throat, asking for my attention. "Did you know na that date was also her birthday?"

I blink in disbelief. "Are you freaking kidding me?"

She shook her head. "No. Lyrie told me that it was her birthday that day and she was excited the whole week for your date raw sana. Tapos you did that to her. You're such a b with an itch."

I want to slap myself at how stupid I am. Damn, now I feel more shit.

"I didn't know it. We never talked about Birthdays din naman so how would I know?"

Tatiana looked at me incredulously. "By asking others kasi. Ayusin mo na 'yan, Debby. You are my friend but I won't tolerate you hurting other people. Make a decision na. Do you like Mandi or Annie? Bawal ang both."

I gave her a shrug. I don't know what I want nga. Hanggang ngayon I'm confused. I'm afraid na if I take a leap and make a decision na, I'll regret it.

After a few minutes of silence, I spoke, "I really want to apologize to her but she's not showing up at the office na. What will I do?"

"Uhm... Go to her house?" Sasha suggested like it's the most obvious answer.

"I did it na, she's not there daw sabi ng sisters niya whenever I'm visiting." Ilang beses na akong nagpabalik-balik sa house ng lola niya. It's getting suspicious na nga because everytime I'm in there, she's either at school daw or at a gig.

"Maybe she decided to go out of the country na, where she'll find someone who's not going to li-ouch!"

I threw the couch pillow at Sasha and shook my head. "She will not. Maybe she needs time. I know Mandi, she's not the type na nagtatanim ng galit." She's the most understanding person I know, kaya all I need is to explain to her.

Tatiana stared at me intently before saying, "Everyone has limits, Deb. I didn't tell you this agad, Debby, but Mandi was so hurt of what you did that she got drunk that night. Mabuti nalang she was with Lewis, nahatid lang siya safely. So please just leave Mandi alone if you're still confused."