Chapter Thirty

Debby

I am now staring at her as she sleeps silently. No snores or anything, just her breathing in and out, sleeping soundly. I'm guessing her dream is nice. She looks at peace that I can't help but smile.

  I never really saw her sleep since we became friends. Even if we've hang out a lot of times, I never had a chance to sleep with her in the same bed. I admit, even in her slumber state she looks beautiful. Her hair is slightly messy, but the rest is in place naman. When she began to stir, I immediately jump out of the bed, afraid to be caught watching her like a creep.

  “G-goodmorning, ” I awkwardly greeted her as she take a look at her surroundings.

  “Goodmorning.” She buried her face back into her pillow before standing up.

  “Anong oras na?” she asked, yawning.

  I checked on my phone and was surprised to see it's just five. “Five pa,” I told her, and I hesitate first but asked anyway, “Do you want some coffee?”

  She stared up at a distance first before nodding, following me outside. The house is still empty. All of them are still in their room pa ata.

  “Whoa, guess we're the early birds,” I commented, taking out two mugs from the cup board. I won't drink coffee naman, I'll choose milk na I just found from their pantry. Lyrie's tita must've stocked it here when she knew we are staying. The woman loves to spoil her visitors. Mandi looked for a heater which she found above a cabinet. She filled it with water and let it work it's magic through the use of electricity.

  After a few minutes, she asked, “Kumusta ang tulog mo?”

   I was surprised when I heard her ask. I thought she's going to let silence rule over us, pero I'm not complaining, I'm glad she is speaking to me nga.

  “It was great. I just got excited na gumising because I'll be seeing the beauty of the island again,” I replied.

  “Ah, oo nga pala, napagala na pala kayo rito.”

  “Yeah, it's not that long though. We toured around the area but I think there's some new places we can gala here na.”

  “Whoa, nice. Nakaka-excite naman.”

  I smile and nod, feeling her excitement too.

  “You two are early.”

  I turn to see Tatiana walking, holding her girlfriend's hands.

  “Hi, girls, ” Lyrie greeted, followed by a yawn.

  “Hello, lovebirds. Coffee?” I ask. Then I took two more mugs when they nod.

  A knock on the door caught our attention, Mandi presented to open it since it's closer to her naman, and there entered one of Lyrie's friend. I can remember her face dahil she's one of those very extroverted friend of Lyrie.

  “I missed you, Ly! Hi, Tatiana at Debby! Sa'yo rin.” I took a step a little closer to wave at her.

  “Nice to see you again!” I greeted, and gave her a smile.