Chapter Forty-two

Debby

Finally! I'm done with therapy and I can walk using my own feet now. I still take meds to help ease the pain from walking too much, but I'm glad I can go to places I want to go na. I also moved out of my parents house last day, but Mom and Dad promised to visit me often. Dad also hired a driver and some helpers para may tumulong sa akin whenever I'm at home or have some place to go to, which is a little bothersome but it's for the better naman daw. I still don't feel comfortable driving my car as of this moment. Maybe it's because of that traumatic event, but I'm just glad I'm fine right now.

  Aside from being free to use my feet, I also received a good news regarding my dream work. There's only three months left for me at the company and I'm free to start my business na. Dad was kind enough to pay me at my sick leave, so I still have salary kahit hindi gaano kalaki. I've recently purchased an old building which is under renovation, and I'm handling the hiring process for my future workers which will take some time pa but knowing that I'm closer to my dream is enough to fuel my energy at working hard.

  It's been three weeks since I last saw Mandi. Well, almost five weeks if I base it on us talking personally. When I was allowed to finally go out, I got so excited that I asked her friends where she was. Most of them said hindi nila alam, but Rafa was kind enough to tell me na she's at a gig nearby. I went there and was so excited to ask her for a dinner but I backed out when Lewis came into picture. It hurts so much to see Lewis freely kissing her cheeks and putting her hands on Mandi's shoulder. I've admitted to my friends na I'm jealous, they just laughed at me and said that I deserve whatever it is that's happening into my love life. I agree with them. I don't have any right to tell Mandi not to let other people in, after all the things I've done. I just wish I don't hurt this much whenever I see other people closer to her that I can ever be. It hurts kasi, it hurts so much.

  Over those weeks, she didn't come back to visit me, but I'm constantly checking up on her through text. Despite hurting, I know I have to up my game. So I didn't stop bugging her. I'm still stalking her from afar, especially when she's at her gig. Pero I don't have enough strength to face her pa noon. That's why ngayon lang ako nag plan na puntahan siya.

  I took out my phone and chatted her again, I sent her a good morning message kanina. I hope she didn't find me annoying. I love sending her cheesy lines and songs from my playlist every time I sent her something—from gifts to my greets. Now, I want to do things personally again. I've moved past my jealousy and I'm now ready to see her, and I want to see her reaction sa mga gagawin ko. Since I have no idea how to court a person, I searched for it's steps and followed it.

  I bought a human size teddy and put in the back of my car. I asked Kuya Bryan to drive me towards her school, since it's five in the afternoon naman na. I chatted Lyrie to know where she is and I'm glad she's busy studying at their spot. It's not gonna be hard for me to surprise her.

  “Nandito na po tayo, Ma'am.”

  I thanked Kuya Bryan before getting out of my car. I spotted her friends who looked surprised seeing me, except Lyrie, who is grinning at me. I motioned for them to shush, in which they did. Her back is turned to me and she's busy writing something on a notepad. She's not yet facing me but I'm already nervous in seeing her again. I bet she looks as pretty as ever.

  I let out a sigh and slowly walk towards her side. “Kaya pala you're not visiting me at home. You were busy studying pala,” I whispered it in her ear, which made her jump a little.

  “D-Debby?” her head quickly turned to look at me, a look of surprise is plastered on her face.

  I smiled, and I'm always right. She's always the prettiest. “Hello, M! I missed you. ” I turn to look at the others and greet them too. "Hey, guys."