Chapter Forty-six

Debby

Our date was a success!

  I can feel that I'm slowly winning Mandi back and I can't help but feel overjoyed with the thought.

  After pouring my heart out and leaving a soft kiss on her forehead, I went and sat back to my chair so that we can continue our game. I got to know more about her, some of her favorites, her fun and sad memories, the pair of shoes she likes, the kind of vacation she wishes to go to, and a lot more things about her. And all of it made me fall for her more.

  Even in the smallest things she does, she makes my heart flutter in glee. I still blame myself for what I did, I know I'm stupid noon to stop myself from feeling the things I do now. It cost me Mandi's trust, but I'm doing better now in asking for her forgiveness once again. And this time, I'm making sure that I don't mess things up.

   After our talk, we took photos together and I asked her if she wants to walk with me for awhile before ko siya ihatid pauwi. We enjoyed the silence of the night together, occasionally having small talks about random things. It was a bit awkward at some point, pero it's the kind of awkward where you enjoy and appreciate the awkwardness of the situation because of who you're with.

  Even after a almost two weeks have passed, I still can't erase the smile on my face everytime I think about it. Gosh, I'm really tamed now.

  There was a knock on my door so I called out for them to come in. The door opened revealing my brother. I can't help but raise my brow at him when he entered the room, holding a box full from my favorite pastry shop.

  “Is that for me?” I asked and he nodded as he placed it on the coffee table. “What brings you here?” I got up and took the sweet treats for me to open it.

  He settled himself on the couch before answering. “We're going to the beach this weekend. Dad said you can bring your Mandi daw if you want.”

  My head turn towards him and my smile grew wider hearing what my brother just announced. My parents have an idea na about me and Mandi. Pero I still explained to them what happened and why we're on this situation now, and they were supportive about it. They said na hindi naman daw ito issue sa kanila, as long as we both have feelings for each other and is doing the right thing, it's all that matters. They also scolded me for the things that I did to Mandi, and was very adamant that I beg for forgiveness.

  I nodded. “I'll talk to her. We're on the ligawan stage pa kaya I don't want to make her feel awkward by taking her with our family sa ating outing.”

   "Great!" He nods and sat up straight to look at me. “I can't believe you're nanliligaw ngayon. Of us two, you are the most maarte and ayaw manuyo. I'm happy na you finally got over that.”

  “Duh, it's only for Mandi,” I said, rolling my eyes at him.

  “Right. That girl is a catch.”

  I grin. My Mandi is more than a catch, she's a treasure herself.

  He gave me his serious old brother stare and said, “I've heard what happened noon sa isla. And even if what you did isn't right, I'm happy to know na you're doing your best to get her affection back. We are not known as heart breaker kaya you better fix that heartbreaker attitude of yours and win back Mandi.”

  I scoffed at him. “Really? You, of all the Panchos, are lecturing me about not being a heart breaker? Brother, you are impossible.”