Chapter Forty-eight

Debby

I forced a smile as we walk towards the restaurant where my parents are waiting. I saw Lewis' message kanina, I know it's rude staring at other people's conversation but I can't help it. I want to know what they're talking about. And ayun, I saw the text says she misses Mandi raw and I can't help but feel jealous. I have no right, pero I really wish I do. It frightens me a bit to know that Lewis is a step ahead of me. Pero I still trust that Mandi's feelings for me is greater than what she have for Lewis. She's with me now, it counts for something. I hope so.

  I let out a sigh and forced myself to think about other things. Like kanina. I remember how she turned red at what I said, it's cute. I also can't also stop thinking about her outfit ngayon. I don't know if it's because of the beach or she's hot, but I feel hot every time I glace at her. Not the hot hot, but the hot.

  “My baby!” “Anak!” Dad and Mom launched at me to give me a bone crushing hug with kisses pa. After showering me with affection, they turn to hug Mandi which shocked her. I forgot to tell her how fan of hugs and beso my family is.

  “Mandi! It's so good to see you again, darling.” Mom led us to a table with food in it. I guess they ordered na for us. She's still holding Mandi and is talking as if they're best friends.

  Dad nudge my elbow, lip pointing at mother. “Your mom and your girl looks cute conversing. I'll pray for her na makaya niya ang long talks about art, songs, and parties from your mom.”

  I silently laugh at what Dad said. Mom is kind of obsessed with music and art. She also tends to kwento so many things whenever she gets new kakilala.  “As much as I want to snatch her away from mom, I can't. I don't want Mandi to hear her scolding me.”

  “Right. I remember when you used to drag your friends away from your mom, then she began to lecture you about how you should never do that. She's quite hot when she's mad.”

  I pretend to puke at what I heard.“ Yikes, Dad! Keep that to your brain. It's gross.”

  “Hey, I'm just saying. Plus, your girl looks like she's enjoying naman.”

  I turn back my eyes at them and my heart almost melted when I saw the two of them engrossed in their topic.

  Dad nods and winks at me. “Nice! I think we found someone clicking with your mom's likes. She's a great catch. Don't let her go.”

  Dad's words echoed inside my head. And I agree with it. I can't think of any reason why I should let her go. Everything about her is so magnetic, it keeps pulling me towards her and I find myself being fascinated everyday.

  “My love, I think we should eat muna, ” Dad said loudly, catching both of their attention. Mom glared a little at Dad but nod.

  “I hate that you interrupted me when I'm talking about how great The Beatles are, but you're right. I don't want to starve my music buddy.”

  I laugh at mom's new nickname for Mandi. Music buddy? Really? “Mom, you should find another nickname for her. She's my music and concert budd, not yours,” I commented, sitting properly in my chair. Mom and Mandi is magkatabi, while me and dad is sitting in he opposite direction of them.